No announcement yet.

Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which back end project are you using for communicating with the hub? I'd be happy to help do some research on this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
      Which back end project are you using for communicating with the hub? I'd be happy to help do some research on this.
      Let's discuss this offline, sent you a PM
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Any word yet on when this will hit the updater?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
          Any word yet on when this will hit the updater?
          It's available now !!!
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I downloaded it and am trying it out.

Just a couple notes:

- the Config Page doesn't have the navigation header
            - I would personally like to see the devices grouped...by default mine activities are spread out through my device list
            - i was a bit confused by which user and password to use...it did finally dawn on me, but might be easy to specify somewhere on that config page what password you are expecting
            - because i used the wrong password, it seems that i had to rescan the devices, then rescan the activities, then re-create the devices myself
            - the debug log would be nice to see something that it is requesting or waiting for the website and which user id is using

And a bit of a problem, the plugin did find all my devices, but only a couple of the activities. And the log doesnt show any errors or indication of a problem with diagnostic logging enabled.

On the plus side, I see some good stuff here, and really like that you decided to set all the images when you create the devices.
            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

oh, and i think you should change the password field to be of a type password so it shows **** when looking at the page.

Comment

Downloaded and registred thanks. As stated begore i miss only the possibility to send individual commands and a way to interact with homeseer but thats upto to logitech or rien must find a workaround.

Thnx

Bart
                Regards Bart
                ------------------------------------------
                Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                HSPRO 3.
                Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post

And a bit of a problem, the plugin did find all my devices, but only a couple of the activities. And the log doesnt show any errors or indication of a problem with diagnostic logging enabled.
                  Not sure this is why, but I have realized that any of my activities with custom icons dont show in the plugin, the others, including All Off do show up.

Comment

Not sure this is why, but I have realized that any of my activities with custom icons dont show in the plugin, the others, including All Off do show up.
                    Hi,

This is a known issue, I should have mentioned. I have exactly the same and reported this to Logitech. I hope to solve it in a future release. As a workaround, I removed the custom images.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Just a couple notes:

- the Config Page doesn't have the navigation header
                      - I would personally like to see the devices grouped...by default mine activities are spread out through my device list
                      - i was a bit confused by which user and password to use...it did finally dawn on me, but might be easy to specify somewhere on that config page what password you are expecting
                      - because i used the wrong password, it seems that i had to rescan the devices, then rescan the activities, then re-create the devices myself
                      - the debug log would be nice to see something that it is requesting or waiting for the website and which user id is using

On the plus side, I see some good stuff here, and really like that you decided to set all the images when you create the devices.
                      Great feedback !!!
                      See my comments below

- the Config Page doesn't have the navigation header --> Will fix this in a future release

- I would personally like to see the devices grouped...by default mine activities are spread out through my device list --> Could you elaborate on this a bit more (a screenshot maybe)

- i was a bit confused by which user and password to use...it did finally dawn on me, but might be easy to specify somewhere on that config page what password you are expecting. --> This is more clearly explain in the documentation doc, but I will give a hint on the config page.

- because i used the wrong password, it seems that i had to rescan the devices, then rescan the activities, then re-create the devices myself. --> That's correct, see the documentation doc which explains this in detail.
                      - the debug log would be nice to see something that it is requesting or waiting for the website and which user id is using --> will be in the next release....

Thank you and please keep giving me feedback....
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

The device grouping i suggested is setting the parent/child relationship of the devices, if you click on the icon in the upper right of the device management page (i circled it in the picture) it will show your devices in their groups if set.

When looking at your devices grouped, you may see some that group together as shown below, the nice thing here is that it pulls your like devices all together without having to rely on some sorting method.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rien, i absolutely love the effort you have put in to this, but truthfully, the response is just too slow. I know this is not necessarily your fault, but the only right answer is to find a way to avoid logging in to the web, and just communicate directly with the hub via wifi like the smart phone apps do.

With the 15 second delay, i can see some limited use, but if we were to get response similar to the smartphone apps this would be super useful for many things. As it is now i can only see using it to send a PowerOff when I leave the home.

Sorry, I know it is easier to type that than actually do it, and i dont really have any idea how to make that better...hopefully someone here has an idea that will help.

Comment

Learning all the time :-)

I'll have a look at the grouping, thanks again for the feedback...
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien, i absolutely love the effort you have put in to this, but truthfully, the response is just too slow. I know this is not necessarily your fault, but the only right answer is to find a way to avoid logging in to the web, and just communicate directly with the hub via wifi like the smart phone apps do.

With the 15 second delay, i can see some limited use, but if we were to get response similar to the smartphone apps this would be super useful for many things. As it is now i can only see using it to send a PowerOff when I leave the home.

Sorry, I know it is easier to type that than actually do it, and i dont really have any idea how to make that better...hopefully someone here has an idea that will help.
                              This is funny, I am just testing out some new source code for interfacing with the hub and it's about 10 times faster :-)

I will do some more testing to be sure there are no other new issues and I have to adjust the source code again to be able to read the proper output from the plug-in, but it looks very promising....

Stay tuned....
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

That is great news Rien...I'm glad you took my comments as constructive, this is a very promising plug in and I do believe you can pull it off. Looking forward to the next update.

Comment

Working...
                                X