Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Method of Determining Gateway Connected

Hi Bob,

I have been using the BLTED plugin for some time now and getting a lot of value from your plug-in.

I recently setup notification events to tell me when a gateway becomes "not connected" and I am getting a lot of these for some but not all of my five gateways. In most cases this condition is brief with the gateway reporting connect again within minutes or even seconds sometimes. I don't believe the monitor is incorrect and often I find the gateway unresponsive but usually only briefly. This could be a PLC or network issue.

I was wondering how you determine if a gateway is "connected" vs "not connected". Are you using data from the livedata xml file, the stats xml file, or some other method?

-Cliff

Comment

I will have to check the code for sure but I believe I am trying to ping it
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Any future plans to integrate the data pulled from the Ted into the HS Energy API?

Also - is there an easy way to get a device that has the total power from both MTU's? i am trying to show this data on one of my HSTouch clients
        Last edited by madas; January 4, 2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

TED & Solar

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          Bob, the info sent from the gateway to HS, do they accumulate? If so how long does HS store this data? I just worried about overwhelming accumulative data...
          Rotech,

I also have solar and use the TED for monitoring. In my setup, KWs producted by solar are negative numbers.

My MTU #1 is Total Load or power used from the grid.

My MTU #2 is power generated by solar (never a positive number).

If the house needs 1000kw and the solar is producing 2000kw, MTU#1 reads negative -1000. MTU#2 reads -2000. I interpret this as 1000 generated from solar is being fed back onto the grid as surplus generation. I have no storgae capability.

If the house needs 3000kw and the solar is producing 2000kw, MTU#1 reads positive 1000. MTU#2 reads -2000. I interpret this as solar is providing 2000 of the 3000 needed and the remaining 1000 needed is being pulled from the grid.

I also use the TED metrics to only run some appliances when I am making surplus power (MTU#1 is negative). I have entered a feature request on Bob's site to request a config option to specify two MTUs whose values would be used to derive net usage. (NETusage = MTU#1-Load + MTU#2-generation). Assumes MTU#2 is always a negative number.

So a negative MTU#1 reading means I am running the house totally on solar. Is that what you are seeing on your displays?

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
            Rotech,

I also have solar and use the TED for monitoring. In my setup, KWs producted by solar are negative numbers.

My MTU #1 is Total Load or power used from the grid.

My MTU #2 is power generated by solar (never a positive number).

If the house needs 1000kw and the solar is producing 2000kw, MTU#1 reads negative -1000. MTU#2 reads -2000. I interpret this as 1000 generated from solar is being fed back onto the grid as surplus generation. I have no storgae capability.

If the house needs 3000kw and the solar is producing 2000kw, MTU#1 reads positive 1000. MTU#2 reads -2000. I interpret this as solar is providing 2000 of the 3000 needed and the remaining 1000 needed is being pulled from the grid.

I also use the TED metrics to only run some appliances when I am making surplus power (MTU#1 is negative). I have entered a feature request on Bob's site to request a config option to specify two MTUs whose values would be used to derive net usage. (NETusage = MTU#1-Load + MTU#2-generation). Assumes MTU#2 is always a negative number.

So a negative MTU#1 reading means I am running the house totally on solar. Is that what you are seeing on your displays?
            I have the same setup as you do. Yes, that's what I see in my display. I only wish we can transfer this info to HS energy api, this way you can have a visual of what's going on.
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

TED & Charting

Rotech,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I am using the Jon00DBGraphingHS3 plugin to view any or all of my TED metrics. Unlike the energy charting built in to HS3, it does not understand that this is an energy device and will not provide/calculate costs and KWH usage. It will just chart and keep history of what it collects from the TED plug-in metrics.

I have been unsuccessful in getting any device that is not "recognized" as an energy device by HS3 to appear in the ENERGY system of HS3. There seems to be little documentation, other than some command explanations in the online help, that explain how to use HS3 ENERGY. If anyone knows how to register a non-energy device for tracking and charting by the ENERGY subsystem in HS3, please share your experience and methods here.

Comment

TED Setup

Rotech,

I am interested in what config type you define for your MTU that measures usage from the grid; LOAD, Adjusted Load, StandAlone ??

I am using Adjusted Load.

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
                  Rotech,

I am interested in what config type you define for your MTU that measures usage from the grid; LOAD, Adjusted Load, StandAlone ??

I am using Adjusted Load.
                  My solar is generation, my main Adjuted load and my HVAC stand alone.
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

TED Setup

We are similar it seems. Adj Load for "from the grid" and Generation for "to the grid from solar". Everything else is Stand Alone.

I would like to discuss how you might derive other metrics while having only these two measurements from TED. Probably thru PM so we don't clutter this thread with topics unrelated to the plug-in. If you are willing....

-Cliff

Comment

Ok email me.
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Any chance of adding support so that I can enable the user/password for read-only access on the TED?

Comment

BLTED Configuration File Mysteriously Reverts to Original

Hi Bob,

Twice now (but not frequently) I have found the BLTED Last Poll device has a 'stale' date. When I investigate, the TEDs (I have five gateways) seem to be reporting okay from the footprints URL but not via the plug-in. Inspection of the hspi_BLTED.ini file looks like this...the gateway ini sections are missing.

[Settings]
                          supportForumUrl=http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1220
                          debugLevel=false
                          exportHistoryForGateways=false
                          exportHistoryForGatewaysMinutes=60
                          helpFolder=/BLHelp/

I am able to recover from this by going to the HS3\ConfigBackup directory and retrieving the stored BLTED ini file from the last backup. I am setting up some monitors to send me an email when the Last Poll device date does not match today's date.

Might you have any thoughts on why this might be happening? I don't find this ini reverting to default for any of my other plug-ins.

-Cliff

Comment

That sounds odd - Does anything in particular come to mind that may have happened. Did HS crash?
                            Cheers,
                            Bob
                            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob,

HS3 did spontaneously reboot but it was two days earlier. It has only happened twice so far and the first time I can not recall had restarted.

If the system did crash, should the config file revert to the version supplied with the plug-in originally? What are your thoughts on why a crash would cause this?

-Cliff

Comment

TED Pro Home?

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                                I am working on adding the TED Pro to the plugin right now
                                Just wondering what the status is of support for TED Pro Home?

Comment

Working...
                                X