StellaZ TRV's not taking setpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StellaZ TRV's not taking setpoints

I am using BLStat to send setpoints to my StellaZ's. I have created schedules, and the thermostat devices in HS3 are showing the setpoints I have sent. But the TRV's do not accept the setpoints, unless I manually wake them up.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I am using BLStat to send setpoints to my StellaZ's. I have created schedules, and the thermostat devices in HS3 are showing the setpoints I have sent. But the TRV's do not accept the setpoints, unless I manually wake them up.
    You need to poll the setpoint device - either the "Heat" or the "Energy Save" whichever you change. I presume you have set the wakeup period of the StellaZ to some value such as 6 mins, then you can either define the poll period within the individual device (heat or energysave) or from an event. Remember the poll period must be less than the wakeup period otherwise some polls might get missed. I have dozens of these all waking up every 6 mins and all polling managed by events. Works great.

Comment

I have set the wakeup to 6 mins, but have not set the polling. I need to set the polling too for this to work ? I am not changing the mode, like heat or energy save, I am sending setpoints in degrees to the StellaZ. But that shouldn't make a difference.
      Are you using StellaZ's as well ?

Comment

I have found a post from you about 2 years old about the StellaZ. I am also trying to create a event which polls the StellaZ's. Do I need to do that if I want to send a setpoint ? I also cannot find anything in events to poll a non listening device

I found the polling. I was looking for a trigger, so a wakeup of the StellaZ would trigger an event. That doesn't exist. But I found the action to poll it. But where do I go from here, to send a setpoint at the right time ? Can I use the polling to determine when to send or should it all work fine if I have the wakeup set right ? (I thought I had, but its not working, will check later tonight if that's set right)
        Last edited by mikee123; October 12, 2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I have set the wakeup to 6 mins, but have not set the polling. I need to set the polling too for this to work ? I am not changing the mode, like heat or energy save, I am sending setpoints in degrees to the StellaZ. But that shouldn't make a difference.
          Are you using StellaZ's as well ?
          The StellaZ uses a 'postbox' method of communicating which means you have to poll the individual devices for either 'reading' or 'writing' data values. That applies to all the devices in each StellaZ - Temp, Batt, Heat setpoint, Energysave setpoint and Mode. The other device type (multilevel) which is the valve position is not supported by HS3 - but I know another user has a way to control that as well. I have 20 StellaZ's in my house.

Comment

I have found a post from you about 2 years old about the StellaZ. I am also trying to create a event which polls the StellaZ's. Do I need to do that if I want to send a setpoint ? I also cannot find anything in events to poll a non listening device
            If you go into the Device Manager for one of the device types such as "Heating 1 Setpoint" you will see at the top under Options the ability set a poll interval. The same applies to all the other devices for each node. That is one way of doing it, but I don't because I decided to design my system so that I only poll when I either want to read and send data, and I do that by events. In Events under the THEN action you will find at the bottom of the dropdown list the option Z-Wave Actions. When you select this you are then able to select the action "Poll a Node for Status". After that you then select the device you want to poll, which in case would be the "Heating 1 Setpoint" device (or whatever you have named your's)

Comment

Ok so that means, if I use the change in setpoints in my schedule to trigger a poll, that in turn then next time it wakes up send the setpoint, So I could use this trigger to poll every minute for 10 minutes, which should be enough to send the setpoint to the TRV ?

Comment

Working...
              X