Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTSDeviceImages - An easy way to set multiple device images at once.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTSDeviceImages - An easy way to set multiple device images at once.

DTSDeviceImages - a HS3 plugin to set device images and thumbnails - An easy way to set multiple device images at once.
    You can set both Thumbnails or Device images for groups in one easy click.

To use simply select the room, type or floor, click the checkboxes, select the images then set the operation from the dropdown.

Please note this is beta, your comments are welcome.

To install: The updater_override needs placed in the root hs3 folder and the zip in the hs3\updates3\zip folder.

Know issues:
    -You may need to set the Operation dropdown back on the second time.

Beta 3.0.0.3 is attached. (The update overrider file should now work and it includes more device images.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dtsouers; August 15, 2017, 05:19 PM. Reason: Updated zip and override.

Thanks for creating and posting this! It will be very handy. A bit of feedback:

- I installed the files manually as updater_override.txt does not appear to have the right syntax.
    - I have over 1800 devices so the main screen basically froze for a long time. It may be better to start with loading none of them and letting the user select which ones to show.
    - Under Tools - Setup - Custom, there's a section called Device Location Display Options. It would be good to take these into account for the plugin's display/filter options.
    - Some of the config options weren't clear as to what they do. Can you provide some details?
    - The .config file has a reference to bin\MoskusSample. I don't have that folder.

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Uploaded a new version.
      -Page no longer populates list on first view, you can now select and avoid the long delay
      -May of fixed the installer.txt and updater.
      -Removed Config page, since it doesn't do anything

Comment

Very cool plugin. Makes things a lot easier. Thank you!

Comment

updater.txt file throws unable to parse, installed manually and works great on my Linux machine.

Thanks, saves a lot of work!
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I'm missing something here

I tried to install this plugin on my HomeSeer HS3 Windows 10 x64 machine and it errored out (see attachment picture) - it looks like something is wrong with the install.txt file and it is trying to install the supporting files with the folder name doubling up. The updater_override.txt also didn't seem to work, erroring in the plugin management screen with "Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed."; I had to take Rich's sample file and modify it to be for this plugin in order to get it to work.

So I copied the files manually and started up the plugin; no errors showed in the log.

But, I'm missing something or I'm really having a brain fart - I don't see where/how to pull up the screen (like in your post #1) to access this added functionality.

What am I missing?
            Attached Files
            Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
              I tried to install this plugin on my HomeSeer HS3 Windows 10 x64 machine and it errored out (see attachment picture) - it looks like something is wrong with the install.txt file and it is trying to install the supporting files with the folder name doubling up. The updater_override.txt also didn't seem to work, erroring in the plugin management screen with "Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed."; I had to take Rich's sample file and modify it to be for this plugin in order to get it to work.

So I copied the files manually and started up the plugin; no errors showed in the log.

But, I'm missing something or I'm really having a brain fart - I don't see where/how to pull up the screen (like in your post #1) to access this added functionality.

What am I missing?
              Plug-Ins - DTSDevicesImages - Set

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Plug-Ins - DTSDevicesImages - Set

Cheers
                Al
                Sorry, I didn't see that there. Thanks for the awesome plugin!
                Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                  Sorry, I didn't see that there. Thanks for the awesome plugin!
                  Don't thank me, thank dtsouers.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

The update overrider and install.txt file should now work.

Comment

My need is to copy the status images and ranges from one device to multiple other devices. If this can do that I'm very interested.

Also, this will be the first plugin that I have installed without picking it from the plugin screen. I see there are two files. Is it important that these be in a certain directory before running?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        - The .config file has a reference to bin\MoskusSample. I don't have that folder.
                        Ok, that was cute!
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by dtsouers View Post
                          The update overrider and install.txt file should now work.
                          Hi

Just installed this, and on the manage plugin page it shows v 1.0.0.1 is installed and offers to allow installation of 3.0.0.2.

When you accept the update, it fails....but has obviously installed the correct version so its just showing 1.0.0.1 in error.

Also, given the 312 updates, it then errors with the zip being deleted...

Mar-10 21:41:27 Updater Install/Update of package DTSDeviceImages failed.
                          Mar-10 21:41:27 Updater Error Installation of package DTSDeviceImages failed. The installation file 'HSPI_DTSDeviceImages_3_0_0_2.zip' does not exist. Please retry download.
                          Mar-10 21:41:27 Updater Installing package DTSDeviceImages
                          Mar-10 21:41:27 Updater Using local file: HSPI_DTSDeviceImages_3_0_0_2.zip
                          Mar-10 21:41:27 Updater Downloading update: DTSDeviceImages
                          Mar-10 21:41:27 Updater Starting download of updates
                          Mar-10 21:41:08 Updater Install/Update of package DTSDeviceImages was successful.
                          Mar-10 21:41:08 Updater Extraction Complete.
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Extracting files from zip file: DeviceImages.zip
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\js\bootstrap.min.js
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\css\bootstrap.min.css
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DTSDeviceImages.exe.config
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DTSDeviceImages.exe
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Installing package DTSDeviceImages
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Using local file: HSPI_DTSDeviceImages_3_0_0_2.zip
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Downloading update: DTSDeviceImages
                          Mar-10 21:41:07 Updater Starting download of updates
                          Any thoughts?

David
                          Attached Files
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Hi, the above issues should now be corrected. Please try the latest zip.

The updater_override needs placed in the root hs3 folder and the zip in the hs3\updates3\zip folder.

Comment

Originally posted by dtsouers View Post
                              Please try the latest zip.
                              Thank you - all ok and no errors in sight!

Thanks for your time to fix this.

David
                              ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Working...
                              X