iCloud support update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iCloud support update

Recent security requirement changes by Apple have forced the use of TLS 1.2 with iCloud. Version 3.0.1.83 and later of the plug-in support this change, however there are some caveats...

1. Windows Systems:
    Version 4.5 or later of the .net framework must be installed on the same machine that the plug-in is running on.

2. Linux Systems:
    I'm not a Linux person so there may be another option but it appears that TLS 1.2 is not currently supported in mono but will be available in mono 4.8. As mono 4.8 has not yet been released, iCloud support within the plug-in will currently not work on Linux systems.

Paul..

Mono 4.8 is expected around March:
    http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Ex...td4669735.html

Comment

Looks like Mono 4.8 is now available so I've just done some testing on a Ubuntu system with Mono 4.8 and plug-in version 3.0.1.84 or later appears to be working fine with iCloud.

Paul..

Comment

Howdy,

I'm running HS3 Std loaded on the RPI-Pi image which is pre-installed with Mono 4.5.1.

Are there any recommended ways to upgrade to 4.8 without breaking HS3 dependencies?

Cheers,
        David

Comment

Alternatively, is it supported to run PHLocation as a remote plug-in from Windows to a Linux HS3 host? I'm launching the plugin from a Windows HS3 instance directory structure, and ensured the database file is in .\Data\PHLocation both in Windows and the Linux instance, however the plugin complains about accessing the file (see below).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

David

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3>HSPI_PHLocation.exe server=192.168.1.75
          Connecting to server at 192.168.1.75...
          Connected, waiting to be initialized...
          (Startup) Begins at 10:44:52.643
          (Startup) Detected OS is Linux version 4.1.19.7
          (Startup) System decimal separator used is [.]
          (LoadPiSettings) HSAppPath = /usr/local/HomeSeer
          (LoadPiSettings) LogPath = html/PHLocation/Logs/
          (LoadPiSettings) ImagePath = images/PHLocation/
          (LoadPiSettings) MapPath = html/PHLocation/Maps/
          (LoadPiSettings) DataPath = /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/PHLocation/PHLocation.phd
          (LoadPiSettings) BinPath = /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/PHLocation/
          (LoadPiSettings) iCloud max retries set to 6
          (LoadPiSettings) iCloud give up after 5 tries.
          (LoadPiSettings) iCloud retry time 5000 ms.
          (LoadPiSettings) Using stored iCloud client ID: 217FWXYZ-3312-4C72-970C-5CAB20DE9DDB
          (LoadPiSettings) UTC offset secs: 36000
          (Startup) Plug-in version is: 3.0.1.84
          (DbGetDbVer) Error System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): unable to open database file
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
          at l.l()
          (Startup) Unable to get database version from file!
          GetLicenseState Called
          (Startup) License state returned 23
          (Startup) Plug-In is running in trial mode with 23 days remaining.
          (CreateDeviceLists) Started.
          (CreateDeviceLists) Total PI devices found = 0
          (CreateDeviceLists) No FM User type devices added to poll list. Don't do polling.
          (CreateDeviceLists) No Loc Timer devices found. Don't start Loc Timer.
          (CreateDeviceLists) No AppLv Timer devices found. Don't start AppLv Timer.
          (CreateDeviceLists) There are no active custom user devices. Setting monitoring to OFF.
          (CreateDeviceLists) Finished.
          (CreateUserMapList) Error: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): unable to open database file
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
          at l.b()

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          at l.b()
          at HSPI_PHLocation.HSPI.StartPlugin()
          at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
          at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Comment

I've not tested this setup but I expect the issue is caused by the version of SQLite.

If HS3 is running on a Linux host, how did you install the plug-in on the remote Windows machine?

Paul..

Comment

There's a file called 'install.txt' in the plugin zip which gives you an idea of what directories the rest of the files are placed. I compared this to the Linux install also.

I could of installed it the supported way, however the Windows instance is an expired trial of HS3 and from what I've read, remote plug-ins just need access to the right .DLL's.

The SQL Lite .DLL used is the one that is decompressed as .\bin\PHLocation\W_System.Data.SQLite.DLL and renamed to System.Data.SQLite.DLL

It's possible I'm missing another step with this manual method...

Cheers,
              David

Comment

As I said, I've not tried running the plug-in with this config.

I'll do some testing later today and see what I can find.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                X