Distance accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance accuracy?

Kudos to Paul for this great plugin. It has been working well for us for quite some time. I encourage anyone using this PI to send a few quid Paul's way.

I would like suggestions on how to achieve better location and minutes away accuracy.

I currently set the polling to 1 minute based on crossing certain fences but the minutes from home are more than actual by about 30%. Yes, it could be because I'm not driving at the exact speed limit, but any logic to improve this would be appreciated.

Randy,

You mentioned in a post that you sometimes Poll every 20 seconds. How do you do that?

Michael
    Last edited by Rvtravlr; February 16, 2017, 12:45 AM.
    Michael

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Kudos to Paul for this great plugin. It has been working well for us for quite some time. I encourage anyone using this PI to send a few quid Paul's way.

I would like suggestions on how to achieve better location and minutes away accuracy.

I currently set the polling to 1 minute based on crossing certain fences but the minutes from home are more than actual by about 30%. Yes, it could be because I'm not driving at the exact speed limit, but any logic to improve this would be appreciated.

Randy,

You mentioned in a post that you sometimes Poll every 20 seconds. How do you do that?

Michael
    I was just playing with it to see how often it could be polled. I had a recurring event doing a forced update. I was able to get fresh data as quickly as once every 10 seconds, though it would frequently skip one of the updates. I set the recurring trigger to 20 seconds and it would get a fresh location at almost every update.

In practical use we decided that 1 minute updates is as frequent as we want, so we now just set the polling interval to 1 minute.

The quick update recurring events are still in the system, but we are no longer enabling them.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X