Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup emails not working

I cant' seem to get this to work.

I DO have email working in events, so believe this is setup correctly in homeseer....

i have email method: homeseer
    Enable email checked
    To "recipient" is my address
    From i used the default BLemail, and have also tried my own email alias

Get this error when the back up kicks off?

Jan-01 3:00:03 AM
    Warning
    Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.
    Jan-01 3:00:03 AM
    Error
    Exception creating email for sending (To:thomasgruver@hotmail.com; tomgru@microsoft.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:BLBackup Backup Log For 1/1/2017 3:00:03 AM, Attach:C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLBackup\Logs\BLBackup_Backup_Log_2017-01-01_03-00-00_full.htm) = ' tomgru@microsoft.com' is not a valid email address. Parameter name: address

Bump.... anyone?

Comment

My emails seem to be working but I am using BLEmail in BLBackup
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        My emails seem to be working but I am using BLEmail in BLBackup
        Was this functionality only meant to work with BLEmail, vs the built-in HS3 email capabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Was this functionality only meant to work with BLEmail, vs the built-in HS3 email capabilities?
          I have had issues getting the HS email to work but I find BLEmail seems to work fine
          It could be that I am using gmail as my outgoing mail server - I have that working for me in BLEmail
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

It's working fine for me using HS email with a POP account. I do have "Remove HTML from Email Backup Log Attachment" checked.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Neither HomeSeer or BLEmail works for me

I am getting this error in the HS Log using either BLEmail or HS Email
              Exception sending email via smtp.comcast.net (To:yyyy@comcast.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:BLBackup Backup Log For 2/26/2017 12:17:40 PM, Attach = Argument passed in is not serializable. Parameter name: value

The BlBackup log doesn't show any thing related

I tried these things without any luck
              I changed the Status Graphics for the virtual device to have three values of 0,1 and 2
              I deleted the status device from the Maintain Backup Directories page
              Unchecked "create backup log for backup process" on options page

What can I try to get this to work?

Note that I can send emails ok from an event or a script.

I have a work around using an event that looks for a change in the virtual device for a scheduled back up and then sends an email with a replacement variable $$DSR:ref: in the body. This works well.

The email problem with this plug-in is the same as with BLReminders.
              Last edited by noopara; February 26, 2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I use the HS3 email and have not had a single issue until the change to .43. All my other plugins that send emails via HS3 are still working, only BLBackup is not working. The following error is in the log

Apr-13 00:14:46 Error Exception sending email via 192.168.xxx.xxx (To:xxx@Jobee.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:SUCCESS - BLBackup Backup Log For 4/13/2017 12:12:48 AM, Attach:C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLBackup\Logs\BLBackup_Log_2017-04-13_00-12-00_full.htm) = A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.xxx.xxx:xx

This coupled with the folder error, maybe I need to go back to the previous version that was working?

Suggestions?

Michael
                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                  I use the HS3 email and have not had a single issue until the change to .43. All my other plugins that send emails via HS3 are still working, only BLBackup is not working. The following error is in the log

Apr-13 00:14:46 Error Exception sending email via 192.168.xxx.xxx (To:xxx@Jobee.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:SUCCESS - BLBackup Backup Log For 4/13/2017 12:12:48 AM, Attach:C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLBackup\Logs\BLBackup_Log_2017-04-13_00-12-00_full.htm) = A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.xxx.xxx:xx

This coupled with the folder error, maybe I need to go back to the previous version that was working?

Suggestions?

Michael
                  I did not change anything with the email
                  I noticed that HS3 .118 is out now. Are you running that?
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I posted this a while back so I thought I would put it in here. If you are trying to use gmail in HS email you may have to go through a few steps to get it to work.

1. log into your gmail account
                    2. click on Sign-in & Security
                    3. select app passwords
                    4. have to put in your gmail pw again
                    5. under 'select app' choose one of the entries or choose other and enter a name
                    6. under 'select device' you can do the same as with 'select app'
                    7. click on 'generate'

Use this code as your pw in HS for gmail instead of your usual gmail pw

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post

Suggestions?

Michael
                      I got mine fixed. I went into HS3 settings/Email and clicked the box to use SSL and got out. Went back in and unchecked the box to use SSL and got out. Next run of backup, my emails worked again.
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                      X