Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Hometroller Zee keep loosing the time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Hometroller Zee keep loosing the time.

Hi there, is there a way to setup the time in the hometroller Zee other than setting the time zone. Mine is out of time and I have events relaying on the real time clock that are driving me crazy 'cause they trigger any time other than the time they should.

The best way to set the timezone is with

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

and follow the prompts.

To verify that the Network Time Protocol (NTP) service is running:
    Code:
    pi@rpi:~ $ service ntp status
    ● ntp.service - LSB: Start NTP daemon
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/ntp)
       Active: active (running) since Tue 2017-05-30 07:17:08 PDT; 1 weeks 3 days ago
       CGroup: /system.slice/ntp.service
               └─964 /usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g -u 106:111
    NTP syncs the time from the internet, so you must have a connection for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by carloslopezcu View Post
      Hi there, is there a way to setup the time in the hometroller Zee other than setting the time zone. Mine is out of time and I have events relaying on the real time clock that are driving me crazy 'cause they trigger any time other than the time they should.
      My SEL had a similar symptom which I tracked down to a flat CMOS battery.

Comment

Time is a hobby here and utilize a serially (with PPS) connected GPS board to the PFSense firewall. Any NTP requests inside of the LAN get their time from the firewall. I know it's a bit much but this lessens my dependency on the internet for time. IE: first thing that the mothership and clients do here is sync the time before anything else.

[ATTACH]61676[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X