Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn on lamp at 7 AM if 7 AM is before sunrise

Ok Gurus... What do I have wrong.

I want the lamp in the Master to turn on at 7 AM every M-F but only if 7 AM is before sunrise.

Today is Monday, so it should have fired. Sunrise was at 7:16 AM so it should have fired but it did not.

What did I miss...

Michael

Attached Files
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

My guess is that the trigger time of 7:00 AM and the condition time of after 7:00 AM can not both be true at once. Why is the condition that the time be after 7:00 AM there? Try changing it to after midnight or even after 6:59 AM, or just the time is nighttime.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Why is the condition that the time be after 7:00 AM there? Try changing it to after midnight or even after 6:59 AM, or just the time is nighttime.
      I have the condition so that later in the year when sunrise is before 7 am, the light will not come on for no reason. I set it to 6:59 and will see if that helps. I see the point that it could be anytime after midnight.

I just did not want the light to come on before 7 AM.

Michael
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
        I have the condition so that later in the year when sunrise is before 7 am, the light will not come on for no reason. I set it to 6:59 and will see if that helps. I see the point that it could be anytime after midnight.

I just did not want the light to come on before 7 AM.

Michael
        1) Create virtual flag (e.g., V1) and create 2 events: If time is before sunrise, then turn virtual flag ON (V1 ON). If time is after sunrise, then turn flag OFF (V1 OFF).

2) Create event: If V1 is ON and time is 7:00 AM, then turn lamp ON.

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
          Ok Gurus... What do I have wrong.

I want the lamp in the Master to turn on at 7 AM every M-F but only if 7 AM is before sunrise.

Today is Monday, so it should have fired. Sunrise was at 7:16 AM so it should have fired but it did not.

What did I miss...

Michael

It is simple, it can never be after 7:00AM (your condition) and at 7:00AM (your trigger) at the same time. Change the Condition to “nighttime” (after sunset, but before sunrise) and it will work. Alternately you can use the Condition already there but make it before sunrise but after 12:01AM. Either will work.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you all.

My logical brain just has a hard time with the trigger/condition logic. I hope some day we can have true if then else statements.

Changing it to "after sunset before sunrise" worked. The dang light came on at 7 am and woke me up just like it was intended to do.

Michael

Comment

Working...
            X