X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clafa View Post
    Hi,

I was in your same situation, ......
    You are going in a good direction in my opinion.
    Thanks Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
      The only item that I have configured differently is the "Automatic report rate for Group 1". You have 1800 seconds which is 30 minutes and I have mine set to 60 seconds. Anyway, it should work better for you with Parameter 5 set.

Bob
      That helped Bob, thank you very much, still a little Delay Turning on the Light But better.
      You think there's another change to make?
      For Example, I have one at my front Door (Mudroom) so as it detects Movement is speaks on my Controller & Tablet that somebody is at the Front Door. but when is dark it also turns on the Mudroom Light to help with Shoes and Security as well. SO it speaks before it turns on the light, they are 2 separated events though. Is not like do one before the other. And the light has always been sluggish to turn on, but even if I say Ok Google turn on Mudroom light is does it faster, so I snot the device itself... So see why my hairs are getting less and less now? lol

Comment

Cancel that, it is less than a second delay, so it is great, Thank you BOB

Comment

Originally posted by sirexilon View Post
          Yes, I agree, I too don't want to be Cloud Dependent...?
          This may be a dumb question, but if I have a wifi thermostat that I can control via a plugin in HS3, wouldn't this control be independent of the cloud?

Elliott
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

The Honeywell plug-in I use just logs into my Honeywell account to make changes. So it is still cloud dependent.

However, I prefer that over a "dumb" z-wave thermostat that relies on HS3 to be up and running. The chances are small that HS3 will crash, but if the thermostat relies on HS3 for a schedule then that can be a problem.

My wifi enabled thermostat will still function on its own without any outside input. I might not be able to make changes, but at least it's up and running as long as the power is on.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              The Honeywell plug-in I use just logs into my Honeywell account to make changes. So it is still cloud dependent.

However, I prefer that over a "dumb" z-wave thermostat that relies on HS3 to be up and running. The chances are small that HS3 will crash, but if the thermostat relies on HS3 for a schedule then that can be a problem.

My wifi enabled thermostat will still function on its own without any outside input. I might not be able to make changes, but at least it's up and running as long as the power is on.
              Good point. What wifi thermostat do you have/
              Thanks,
              Elliott
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I have this one..
                works great and HS controls it all so I don't actually touch it. love it
                Honeywell zstat

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EJ7YO2...a-353341205455
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

And I have two of these. Easy to program right on the t'stat, through HS or through the Honeywell website.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-RTH...ifi+thermostat

Just remember, you need the "C" wire for these new fangled thermostats or you need battery backup. The z-wave ones may have battery backup, the wifi one I have from Honeywell and most newer t'stats REQUIRE a "C" wire. I had to run a separate wire to each of my older t'stats. Not fun.

Comment

Wi-Fi (Cloud) vs Z-Wave Thermostat

I have a TRANE XR524 and it works well on Zwave. I have had to re-synch the device once with the HS3 Zwave controller to get the thermostat to display the right time (stupid DST). This has only happened once in the last 1.5 years. The thing I like about it is that I set temp defaults in the device. These take over in the event that HS3 goes down. Then I set my events to proc after the built in settings.

I just setup a Honeywell 9K wifi at my sister's new house and found the setup straight forward. The only thing I can think you would need to automate would be integrating custom events based on active detection of home/away.

The Honeywell even has a skill of their own. So integrating voice commands can be done without HS3. Do note that they are cloud supported. So there is some risk to brute force attacks. You end up needing the plugin for HS3. You need Internet for connectivity between:
                    1. HS3 and the thermostat.
                    2. The thermostat and the Honeywell cloud service.
                    is reliant on your internet connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Kerat; January 2, 2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X