This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating USB Webcam

I want to integrate my USB webcams in to HStouch, but the only thing I can find is about network camera's.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Can you be a little more specific as to what you'd like to do with your webcam?
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

There may be other ways, but I used to use a program called Active Webcam (http://www.pysoft.com/). It can connect to all sorts of cameras and acts as an image server. Pretty powerful program. You could then get your images from Active Webcam.
      Mike

Comment

Active Webcam uses way too much resources (and it's not pretty) in my opinion. I'd recommend WebcamXP: It's fast, lightweight but extremely powerful and supports any webcam with WDM-drivers and has ALOT of netcam presets. If a preset is missing, just let the author know and he'll add it.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

this with the new Microsoft 720p HD webcams that are sub $60 would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Adidas4275 View Post
            this with the new Microsoft 720p HD webcams that are sub $60 would be great
            Aren't these USB web cams? USB web cams are ok but they are too tethered to a PC with the USB cable length limitations.

Comment

By using an USB cable with repeater you can easily reach 30 feet if you have to.

But I'd rather spend another $20-30 and get it wireless.
              http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26358

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                But I'd rather spend another $20-30 and get it wireless.
                I totally agree.

Comment

My goal is to embed live video feeds in HStouch for my iphone client. I have embedded USB webcams in my MiMo touchscreens. The server is located centrally, and all touchscreens are within 5 meter of the server.

It seems the licensed version of WecamXP would be sufficient for my goal, making my USB webcams (3 in total) network reachable, and therefor possible to integrate in HStouch.

Thanks for the tip.

BTW, any alternatives known for WebcamXP?

Comment

There are plenty of software, such as Active Webcam mentioned above, but in my experience, WebcamXP is the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X