Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netcam image email throwing System.OutOfMemoryException

Hello all,

ive been trying to get my system to send me an email of the front door cam image when the doorbell is pressed. i finally got all the bits together and it triggers but i get this error when i try to attach the image to the email.

any ideas?

Exception sending email via GMail (To:email@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:door bell press at 10:19 AM Tuesday, May 10 2016, Attach:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/html/netcam/CurrentImage.jpg) = Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

im at a complete loss.

Thanks
    Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

How exactly are you attempting to do this? What hardware are you running HS3 on? What version of HS3 are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Its an older laptop some kind of core2duo , it seems to be able to grab an older image without issue, just not the currentimage.jpg....

i have attached the image of the event im using.

Current Date/Time: 5/10/2016 10:58:03 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.280
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center - Work Station
      System Uptime: 3 Days 22 Hours 48 Minutes 17 Seconds
      IP Address:
      Number of Devices: 616
      Number of Events: 94
      Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.25.0: BLLAN
      2.0.69.0: BLRussound
      2.0.69.0: BLRussound
      1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
      3.0.0.22: EasyTrigger
      3.0.0.91: HSTouch Server
      3.0.0.27: MediaController
      3.0.0.11: NetCAM
      30.0.0.29: RFXCOM
      3.1.4.6: SqueezeBox
      3.0.3.3: Tasker Plugin
      3.0.1.76: Z-Wave
      Attached Files
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

This could be a case of the file is still in use when it's being attached. Try putting a delay in the event prior to attaching and see what happens.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          This could be a case of the file is still in use when it's being attached. Try putting a delay in the event prior to attaching and see what happens.
          i tired 30 seconds and it still did it.

ill goto a minute and see what it does.

Comment

I have not used Netcam for Homeseer 3 yet. I installed it on my HS3 Pro running in Linux.

It doesn't work such that I cannot test it. The help file is created in the correct directory.

The INI file looks fine.

Looks like it tried to write a file in the root drive using Windows nomenclature.

This is what it wrote to the root with no images.

HomeSeer\html\netcam\

It should be writing to:

HomeSeer/html/netcam/

Has anyone used this program on the Zee-2 or HS3 in Linux?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I tried up to 2 mins with no luck, the historic images can be added but not the current one.

i wonder if a script that copies it might help

Raptor

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                I tried up to 2 mins with no luck, the historic images can be added but not the current one.

i wonder if a script that copies it might help

Raptor
                How large is the file? It's saying it's out of memory, might be too large?

Z

Comment

its only a few kb its a snapshot from the webcam.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                    its only a few kb its a snapshot from the webcam.
                    Well that's not the problem then ...

So it DOES work on the historic images then?

Rupp might be onto something as the historic files are probably closed after they are created, but the current image file may be open. What happens if you copy the current image to another name and then run it using that new name (ie assuring the jpg file is closed)

Z

Comment

well i was wrong,

it was up to 187 mb, no clue how that happened. any ideas?

i deleted the file and it seems to be sending now.

thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X