Support for Rpi Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Rpi Zero

I played around with an Raspberry Pi Zero and RaspberryIO. Mono does not install completely and therfore RaspberryIO .run just does not start.

Looks like mono is not supporting the ARM6 on this RPi Zero. I could not find a version which does support this chip.

The RPi Zero would be ideal for such remotly attached devices becouse it is very smal and has very low power requirements and still much faster as the Rpi A.

Is there any chance to see a version running on the remote RPi which does not require mono? So rewritten in C++, Phyton,,,).

Ulrich

what OS are you running on your RPi Zero? Is it hard float or soft float? Mono needs hard float.

The original Hometroller Zee was a RPi A or B, so I think mono can work with RPi Zero since they have the same chip.

As for porting the plugin to another language it is very unlikely, because HomeSeer bindings are only .NET, so it would mean reverse engineering them and port them to another language.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      what OS are you running on your RPi Zero? Is it hard float or soft float? Mono needs hard float.

The original Hometroller Zee was a RPi A or B, so I think mono can work with RPi Zero since they have the same chip.

As for porting the plugin to another language it is very unlikely, because HomeSeer bindings are only .NET, so it would mean reverse engineering them and port them to another language.

Jessie is running on it. The Zero has the BCM2835 chip which seems to be ARM6 compatble. This should be the same as on the RPi A. It looks like the newer version of mono does not support the RPi A anymore. Jessie on the Zero is oviously not looking for the correct version. At lesat It should tell me that mono is not supported...

I tried to find an older version but hat no success.

Comment

but is it Debian or Raspbian?
        Can you also check if it is hard float or soft float?

you need a Raspbian version with hard float, see this: https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi

Comment

it is Raspian Jessie. I think it is hard fload because I have the /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf and also most packages have the armhf tag.

ii alsa-utils 1.0.28-1 armhf Utilities for configuring and using ALSA
          ii apt 1.0.9.8.3 armhf commandline package manager
          ii apt-listchanges 2.85.13+nmu1 all package change history notification tool
          ii apt-utils 1.0.9.8.3 armhf package management related utility programs

Comment

well, then I'm clueless... what's the error when you try to install mono and when you try to start the plugin?

Comment

I installed a fresh Raspian Jessie, update,upgrade.
              Then I installed:
              sudo apt-get install mono-complete
              sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc

which went trough ok. (The version 4xx does not work..)

this will get me:
              Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10)
              Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
              TLS: __thread
              SIGSEGV: normal
              Notifications: epoll
              Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
              Disabled: none
              Misc: softdebug
              LLVM: supported, not enabled.
              GC: sgen

But starting ./run will result in:
              pi@RPiZero:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ ./run
              Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: RemoteCPIO starting...
              Connecting to server at 192.168.2.4...
              Connection attempt #1
              Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
              Connection lost, exiting
              Disconnected from server - client
              Oct-06 20:22:12 ERROR CreateHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Oct-06 20:22:12 ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.ReadPinsConfigFromIni () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
              Error SendInvokeResponse: Client is not connected to the server.
              Oct-06 20:22:12 ERROR Error 2012, cannot continue
              Waiting 30 seconds before trying to reconnect

I'm not sure if the mono 4xx is required??

Comment

and this is from the log on the HS Server:

Oct-06 10:25:30 PM Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance RemoteCPIO has connected. IP:192.168.2.100:45244
                Oct-06 10:24:58 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): RaspberryIO Instance:RemoteCPIO:Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:InitIO (string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () <0x72164498 + 0x00217> in :0
                Oct-06 10:24:58 PM Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance: RemoteCPIO has disconnected

Comment

Yes mono 4.x.x is required, unless your HS server run on mono 3.x.x. In others word if your HS server runs on Windows or Linux with mono 4.x.x then you need mono 4.x.x on your RPi to run the plugin remotely.

Comment

the server is an Rpi 3 with mono 4.5.1 (coms with HS3 installer)

As you said the server and client need the3xx or 4xx on both sides.

Is it possible to downgrade mono on the HS3 server?

Comment

I guess it is possible to downgrade mono, but I'm not sure it is a good idea: for example you would lose all your current event triggers.

Comment

Working...
                      X