This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with panel connection issues

If you are having connection issues with your panel, such as the plugin restarting, or you get a message that the plugin is still starting up, etc.
    There are several conditions that may cause this:
    • The IP address of your panel is incorrect.
    • The port on your HS server needs to open port 4369.
    • Your HAI Panel keys are entered incorrectly.
    • No network connectivity between the HS server and the HAI Panel.

There are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to help narrow down the issue:
    Make sure you can ping your panel from the HS Server
    Linux: Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
    sudo ping 192.168.xxx.xxx
    (replace the IP address with your panel's IP)

Windows: Commmand Prompt
    ping 192.168.xxx.xxx
    (replace the IP address with your panel's IP)

If you cant ping your panel from the HS Server, the plugin will not be able to connect either.

INI File
    The Config/HAI.ini file contains your pertinent connection information. If you are having connection problems, you can remove the ini file and the plugin will recreate a blank config so you can get to the config screen. Shutdown HS and do the following:

sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini

Windows: Navigate to the HomeSeer/Config folder and remove the HAI.ini

If you continue to have problems, please send me your log file by following these instructions:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186423
    Last edited by rmasonjr; January 6, 2017, 11:24 AM.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

HAI.ini

I cant find where to delete the HAI.ini
    I am using windows.
    Are there more specific instructions you can provide as to how to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsalarms View Post
      I cant find where to delete the HAI.ini
      I am using windows.
      Are there more specific instructions you can provide as to how to do this?
      Yes - open a File Explorer, and go to your HomeSeer/Config folder - it should be located in there.

Comment

Can you do (or do you have) a write up on how to delete the INI file on an HT-ZEE from a Windows computer? That would help some of the guys having the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
          Can you do (or do you have) a write up on how to delete the INI file on an HT-ZEE from a Windows computer? That would help some of the guys having the issues.
          Yep - it's listed above:

I am close to having a code solution for this. I hope to have it submitted to the updater in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Yep - it's listed above:

I saw that but is that now how to get to it on a Linux computer running HS3?

How to do you get to that same location on an HT-ZEE using a Windows PC?

Comment

I saw that but is that now how to get to it on a Linux computer running HS3?

How to do you get to that same location on an HT-ZEE using a Windows PC?
              a - you can also use WinSCP to connect to your Zee and it provides a windows explorer-type interface.

Comment

Excellent. I think that is the part we were missing.

Comment

I'm also stuck as I entered the wrong port and now can't get to the screen to fix. I tried executing the command from the tools, but the command doesn't seem to do anything. Seems like if it didn't connect, we could get back to the screen to fix? Please let me know how to fix. I have a Windows computer (and Mac). Thanks! SJ

Comment

Excellent. I think that is the part we were missing.
                    I need some help understanding how to delete this file. I made a simple mistake in setting up (wrong port number) and now can't fix it. Deleteting the plug-in and reinstalling doens't help as for some reason all of the original HAI information seems to be retained even though you delete the plug-in. Thanks for any help. SJ

Comment

If you are on windows, I provided a hspi Uninstaller executable in the hs root folder

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes - open a File Explorer, and go to your HomeSeer/Config folder - it should be located in there.
                        How to you "open a File Explorer" in Windows and look at the HomeSeer (IP address)? Is this even possible? Please help explaining. Thanks as I'm pretty much stuck trying to delete the HAI file as I made a simple mistake in setting up. Seems like if it can't connect, it should allow you to enter the corrected information without resorting to all of this. Regardless, appreciate help. Thanks. SJ

Comment

If you are on windows, I provided a hspi Uninstaller executable in the hs root folder

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
                          I'm a newbie with his. What root folder are you referring to? The root folder on the physical device? How do I get to this? Do I need to plug it into my computer vs. IP address? Thanks. SJ

Comment

Originally posted by sjht View Post
                            How to you "open a File Explorer" in Windows and look at the HomeSeer (IP address)? Is this even possible? Please help explaining. Thanks as I'm pretty much stuck trying to delete the HAI file as I made a simple mistake in setting up. Seems like if it can't connect, it should allow you to enter the corrected information without resorting to all of this. Regardless, appreciate help. Thanks. SJ
                            Originally posted by sjht View Post
                            I'm a newbie with his. What root folder are you referring to? The root folder on the physical device? How do I get to this? Do I need to plug it into my computer vs. IP address? Thanks. SJ
                            It sounds like you are running on a Zee instead of Windows.

Inside HomeSeer, from a browser:
                            Click on Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
                            run this command:

Comment

Yes. I have a Zee. I have run that exact command several times and it doesn't seem to do anything. The command appears on the screen, but I get no feedback, etc. and the HAI continues to hang when connecting (not getting me back to the confi screen). I've tried some of the example commands listed and they work fine with immediate results. Are you sure this works on a Zee? I will try again later today when I get home, but again, this was the first thing I tried after finding this thread with no luck. Thanks. SJ

Comment

Working...
                              X