Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    So I'm confused about HS support with multiple echos. I implemented my second echo in my master bedroom. I created a group called bedroom, added the echo, bedside lights - which I just called lights and my heating blanket.
    So now when I go into room, I just say Alexa, turn on the light. Everything works fine. I don't get the need for this thread... Have I or am I missing something?

Robert

EDIT: OK I get it now. You won't be able to control the rest of the house this way. Rich, do you have an ETA for Canada?

I must be dense, because i still don't get it :-)

I've been using a combination of the new room control from the alexa app, as well as virtual devices (for events) if i need specific dimming control of lights in a room. Works really well.

What does this do that i'm missing?

Comment

Are you using the new V3 skill beta?

With V3 you can says "turn off the lights" in a specific room and only the lights assigned to the echo in that room will be controlled. You cannot do this with the V1 skill.

Canada is included in the V3 skill so once its approved it will work there.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      I must be dense, because i still don't get it :-)

I've been using a combination of the new room control from the alexa app, as well as virtual devices (for events) if i need specific dimming control of lights in a room. Works really well.

What does this do that i'm missing?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Are you using the new V3 skill beta?

With V3 you can says "turn off the lights" in a specific room and only the lights assigned to the echo in that room will be controlled. You cannot do this with the V1 skill.

Canada is included in the V3 skill so once its approved it will work there.
        No.. not running yet.

but still confused, this is basically what you can do with the new room control in the newest version of the alexa app. assign lights to a room, along with the echo in that room.

Now that i think about it, you still have to give that [echo] group a name... like Master bedroom lights. but then when you say "turn on the master bedroom lights" only those lights assigned to that group will turn on

Comment

You are correct. The new V3 support just allows you to control the lights without the room name. It works much better. You also get the ability to lock your doors (door lock support) and scene control. With the scene control, you can run HS events by saying:

"Alexa turn on movie mode" and it will run the HS event "movie mode".

Also, you can now tell Alexa which devices are lights using a new checkbox in the device properties. For example, you might have a relay switch that turns on a light. The V3 default is to not include relay devices as lights, but you can override this.

No.. not running yet.

but still confused, this is basically what you can do with the new room control in the newest version of the alexa app. assign lights to a room, along with the echo in that room.

Now that i think about it, you still have to give that [echo] group a name... like Master bedroom lights. but then when you say "turn on the master bedroom lights" only those lights assigned to that group will turn on

Comment

Rich is this achieved by a virtual device? Or by adding the event name?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

In the latest beta there is a new check box in the event properties to enable as a voice command (so you can include just the events you want and not all of them). And there is a textbox where you can add the voice command to us. This way the event name can be descriptive, but have a separate voice command to control.

This will only be active in the Alexa SH V3 API. We will be enabling this in the HS Alexa skill (the one where you say "tell homeseer to...").

We will also be adding this to the Google SmartHome support.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              Rich is this achieved by a virtual device? Or by adding the event name?

Comment

When will all of this be available to the users? Can I play with this now ?
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

We are submitting this to Amazon today and then we have to wait for them to approve it. Not sure how long that will take, but I will post here when I know.

So you cannot use it yet.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  When will all of this be available to the users? Can I play with this now ?

Comment

You are correct. The new V3 support just allows you to control the lights without the room name. It works much better. You also get the ability to lock your doors (door lock support) and scene control. With the scene control, you can run HS events by saying:

Also, you can now tell Alexa which devices are lights using a new checkbox in the device properties. For example, you might have a relay switch that turns on a light. The V3 default is to not include relay devices as lights, but you can override this.
                    Ok,...super cool. THink I have it, but confused by your next post. Is this in native skill, or will I still have to say "tell homeseer to...." To make this work?

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

The native skill is not changing. I am referring to the new Smart Home version 3 skill that is not yet released. You wil NOT have to say "tell homeseer to..."

Ok,...super cool. THink I have it, but confused by your next post. Is this in native skill, or will I still have to say "tell homeseer to...." To make this work?

Comment

You wil NOT have to say "tell homeseer to..."
                          That is fantastic!!!!
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The native skill is not changing. I am referring to the new Smart Home version 3 skill that is not yet released. You wil NOT have to say "tell homeseer to..."
                            Any update on when the new version will be released?

Comment

Should be soon, we submitted, they found a couple of issues with the UK support, we fixed them and re-submitted.

Originally posted by whippersnapper View Post
                              Any update on when the new version will be released?

Comment

Can i use this new skill in Denmark, when it is released. (I have to talk english of course).

Will 'HomeSeer Smart Home' replace 'HomeSeer Home Automation Skill'?

Comment

Working...
                                X