Stopped Working??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
    Thanks much Al, kind of what I was afraid of. So to your knowledge, the fix likely lies with XAP. In that, you don't think UltraGCIR3 has a config option to point to SQLite.dll in another subdirectory?

If I understand the issue correctly, it seems odd that the SQLite developers would not make that dll upward compatible.

Thanks again,
    Gary
    Hi Gary,

UltraGCIR does point to a different sub-directory (see its .config file in the HS3 root directory). Unfortunately, if it (and any other plugin - I think this is a .NET issue) finds a file with that name in the same directory as the exe, then it will ignore the pointer to the sub-directory. The easiest would be to create a subdirectory for the XAP plugin's DLL, and then create a .config file for it. Just use the UltraGCIR one as an example.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Actually, it looks like UltraGCIR just points to the Bin directory although it does have its own subdirectory under Bin.

Here's one that should work:

HTML Code:
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <configuration>
        <runtime>
          <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
            <probing privatePath="Bin/mcsXAP"/>
          </assemblyBinding>
      	</runtime>
        <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
          <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
        </startup>
      </configuration>
      Move the dll to \bin\mcsXAP and then create the .config file with what's above. Name it exactly the same as the exe with .config at the end of the filename.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

very, very, VERY Strange...

Well I "believe" I have it working again, thanks to the information you provided here. I tried your suggestion and created a bin\mcsXAP and changed (his) config to point to that folder. I moved the SQLite3.dll (that came from the mcsXAP install) to that folder. XAP failed and GCIR still had the same SQL error. After rebooting, and cleaning all XAP remnants out of the HS3 directory and subdirectories the GCIR error still existed. I noticed that there was a bin\GCIR subdirectory and that the Config pointed to it. In that subdirectory, was two files.
        SQLite.Interop.dll
        System.Data.SQLite.dll

That all looked fine based on what I understood from you to be good developer technique. However, I went back to a full HS3 directory backup taken on 4/1 (before the XAP install ~4/7). The bin\GCIR directory was NOT there nor did the config point to it (\bin only). So I renamed the bin\GCIR and restored the .exe and .config to my backup versions, restarted HS3 and it came up and found the GC devices. I have NO idea how (or when) those changes were made, unless the XAP install did them for some strange reason, but I know I did not make those changes.

For now, I will stay with what I have for GCIR3 and leave XAP to run on HS2. It seems that any idea of being able to get rid of HS2 in the near future is all but dead, as based on my limited experience in the transition, there are far too many things that just won't or can't make the move.

Thanks again for all your help and patience, while I still cant run XAP and GCIR3 together on HS3, at least I better understand the issues.

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X