Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Pro plugin won't learn?

OK... new here, so bear with me.

using the new GC Pro plugin. My receiver brand was in the database, and everything tested accept the volume controls.

so i tried to learn them.... which worked about a 3rd of the time, in the sense that it captured the IR code.

but it never worked when tested. What's weird is that the IR blaster never lit up when testing the learned code, where when testing another code from the database, it lit up, letting me know that it was at least sending IR commands through the GC100, through the correct blaster (in this case #2).

So, again, if i pick existing code (in the Manage codes tab), and select edit above, and then test it... works fine. Try to learn a code with the exact same Unit-port, and no sign that the signal is coming out of the blaster.

Love some help here.

What works for me is to take the codes out of the edit window and copy and paste them into a spreadsheet or note pad to compare the ir codes that work against the ones that don't work. I worked on one device that all the codes ended with the digit 4848. Some of the codes that I scanned didn't have that terminating 4848.
    All the ir codes will terminate with a larger number
    Look at the codes that work and then compare to those that don't work. You can edit them and paste them back into the plugin and save changes
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Thanks... i kinda tried that, but went back this morning for a deeper look.

I ended up going back to iLearn to see if i could capture and test codes there. one think i noticed is that it would only test a code out of IR port 1 (my receiver was on 2), so i switched ports. Learned the IR (took about 5 times), then tested successfully.

I then started over with the plugin, and changed the ports so my receiver was on Port 1. When into the managed codes tab, and tried learn there for fun... still didn't work. Cut/paste the IR code from iLearn, and everything worked great.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Comment

Glad you had success.
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
        X