Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device Management page: floor is now "ALL"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Management page: floor is now "ALL"?

Not sure how I did this. I was messing with the Device List box (top left) and a few of the icons under Homeseer on the right side of the Device Management page and now it only shows Floor as "All". The floor drop down box only has "Not Set" and "Unknown". Now when I click on SHOW ALL, every floor says "All". When I use HSTouchPad, there's a new location called ALL and besides ALL Locations. So it appears I've done a global update to every device and replaced all the floor names with ALL. Yes, I've confirmed this by looking at some events and it's true, all the floors have been replaced by the word ALL.

It's not nice. I'll either restore from backup and lose a few recent device changes or modify all my devices. Wish these were database tables, then the fix would be easy.

Anyone experienced this before? Any ideas?

Current Date/Time: 1/4/2017 8:50:33 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 3 Days 5 Hours 2 Minutes 18 Seconds
    IP Address: x.x.x.x
    Number of Devices: 319
    Number of Events: 133
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
    1.1.1.0: Device History
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5725.16923: UltraCID3
    3.0.6147.22046: UltraMon3
    3.0.6119.21453: UltraNetCam3
    3.0.6167.15622: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.97: Z-Wave

I restored from backup and all is good again. As a bonus I reverted back to 3.0.0.280 as well. Think I'll skip .297 and wait for a later release.

Comment

Originally posted by yorker View Post
      I restored from backup and all is good again. As a bonus I reverted back to 3.0.0.280 as well. Think I'll skip .297 and wait for a later release.
      Out of curiosity, why is that a bonus? There have been quite a few bug fixes since .280:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176440
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I upgraded 5 maybe 6 times and encountered problems. Some events weren't triggering but I never determined root cause as reverting fixed it. The upgrade itself wasn't clean in that it forced a repair instead of the typical installation. And finally, and possibly related to the forced-repair, not sure, my Homeseer license disappeared. Rather than calling support, I rolled back. I'm not saying .297 is the problem, only that it's causing me problems. If subsequent releases do the same, I'll contact support.

Comment

Working...
        X