Ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous

So my HTZ has been running for around 10 days now after getting it as a present for Christmas it's now sitting there processing events but nothing is happening at the (zwave) devices.

If I try to get to the zwave controller management page i get this error

Error Getting web page from plugin page ZWaveControllers:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    So i can't investigate further. As it's a new device I contacted HS support - their sole advice was to turn it off and on! (which i've done btw - no difference).
    Malcolm

Does this help;
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166376

Comment

Have you checked the version of the zwave plugin is latest? Have you attempted to restart the zwave plugin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The HZT S2 was bought as a Christmas present so is only a few weeks old. As i understand it the last release of the zwave s/w was June 2015 so I would expect that i'm up to date. This was working fine for a few days and has only started behaving this way.

I couldn't restart the zwave plugin Kerat as i could not get to that page.

The current situation is it is now working again after several power cycles and restarts of the s/w. Let's see how long it lasts this time. Very unsatisfactory.

You guys on here have been way more helpful that HS support. They're only suggestion was to restart - ridiculous for a $300 purchase.
        Malcolm

Comment

Malcolm,

I'm sorry you are having problems, but you need to give us more information. The zwave plugin is normally updated several times a month not June of 2015 and the most recent version of homeseer beta is around .304 which is from last month. Can you give us some version numbers on what you are running. Of course it is possible you are having a hardware problem or maybe something with the power adapter, but if we can at least confirm what versions of the Homeseer software and zwave plugin you are running that would be a start. Also do you have any other plugins currently running and if so what are they?

Comment

The only plugins running are zwave(3.0.1.87) and HStouch (3.0.0.68). In Tools/Setup/Updates it says none are available.

I'm running my own power supply since the one HS shipped was unusable. Something support has neither acknowledged nor rectified despite reporting it on 25/12. That said I'm sure it's providing the correct power (V and mAh)
            Malcolm

Comment

Malcolm,

Go to plugins, Manage, Additional Interfaces and click on the Beta near the bottom of the page. Then install the Z-Wave plugin update.
              Jon

Comment

Surely you're not suggesting I install some beta software to resolve this problem?!
                Malcolm

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175414
                  States the latest release is .93 yet I'm on .87 and told there are no updates available?! Another bug?
                  Malcolm

Comment

Yes I am. Homeseer does not seem to bother to update it out of beta these days. I've never had an issue with Z-wave betas.
                    Jon

Comment

I agree with Jon00 as I pretty much always run the most recent beta z-wave and have never had an issue with one that was caused specially by the plugin. I'm running HS version .304, zwave 3.0.1.97 and hstouch server 3.0.0.104. I'm not using the Zee, but I do have 105 Zwave devices currently on 3 different z-nets each running a different network. I did run into issues having them all on the same network I just don't think the zwave protocol sometimes handles that many devices on the same network very well and doing any optimizing took hours and hours. I split them up roughly based on location in the house to the 3 network and tried to even them out and things have been issue free since then and that was in early December.

I think other zwave issue I had run into before that was related to a device on my network that was going bad and normally spamming signals. Once I track down the device and remove it the problems would go away, but tracking those devices down is sometimes a challenge.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
                        I agree with Jon00 as I pretty much always run the most recent beta z-wave and have never had an issue with one that was caused specially by the plugin. I'm running HS version .304, zwave 3.0.1.97 and hstouch server 3.0.0.104. I'm not using the Zee, but I do have 105 Zwave devices currently on 3 different z-nets each running a different network. I did run into issues having them all on the same network I just don't think the zwave protocol sometimes handles that many devices on the same network very well and doing any optimizing took hours and hours. I split them up roughly based on location in the house to the 3 network and tried to even them out and things have been issue free since then and that was in early December.

I think other zwave issue I had run into before that was related to a device on my network that was going bad and normally spamming signals. Once I track down the device and remove it the problems would go away, but tracking those devices down is sometimes a challenge.

Jeff
                        I have had the exact same experience with Z-Wave as you. I ended up breaking my home into four zones with four Z-Nets controlled by an SEL and things have worked great ever since.

I had one rogue device at one time flooding the network with garbage traffic that slowed performance to a crawl but was able to use the logs in debug mode to figure out what it was and remove it.

Comment

I have also kept one of my old z-trollers in hopes that next time a device goes "rogue" I can use the scan function to try to track down the device id. Then it should be easy to track down which one is causing the problem. That is the idea at least. We will see how it works out when the time comes. Although I'm hoping I never have to test that plan.

Jeff

Comment

I had this exact same problem with .87. I've updated the Z-Wave plug-in to Beta .94 or .95 (can't recall which) and all the issues went away.

Comment

Working...
                            X