Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I parse an email body ?

Here is what I would like to do:
    If I receive an email with the subject 'Reminder', I would like to store the email body in a virtual device.
    I have never tried to receive emails via a script so don't know much of how to get there...

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    Here is what I would like to do:
    If I receive an email with the subject 'Reminder', I would like to store the email body in a virtual device.
    I have never tried to receive emails via a script so don't know much of how to get there...
    As per MrHappy's posting in the other thread, the functions to do so are broken. Please add your name to that bugzilla. Not hoping that it will get resolved soon, but the more people that are on it, the more chance it will get resolved. There are possibly some workarounds like Jon00's email plugin.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      As per MrHappy's posting in the other thread, the functions to do so are broken. Please add your name to that bugzilla. Not hoping that it will get resolved soon, but the more people that are on it, the more chance it will get resolved. There are possibly some workarounds like Jon00's email plugin.

Cheers
      Al
      I looked at that bugzilla, and thought it might not affect what I need. Looks like it does... Ok I will try to figure out how I can add my name to the bugzilla.

Comment

As Al pointed out, you can use my email plugin which does have a scripting interface, however it does not natively support SSL.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          As Al pointed out, you can use my email plugin which does have a scripting interface, however it does not natively support SSL.
          I do not need SSL, so that should make it a little easier. I will install the plugin later. As to the scripting needed after. Is that then specific to the plugin ?

Comment

I looked at that bugzilla, and thought it might not affect what I need. Looks like it does... Ok I will try to figure out how I can add my name to the bugzilla.
            You just need to create a separate account there and then add a comment once you are logged in.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I do not need SSL, so that should make it a little easier. I will install the plugin later. As to the scripting needed after. Is that then specific to the plugin ?
              It runs a specific script (Jon00EmailUser.vb - if enabled) which runs every time a new email message arrives and has the following metrics available to use:

MailTotalMessages
              MailBoxNumber
              MessageNumber
              MailTo
              MailToDisplay
              MailFrom
              MailFromDisplay
              MailDate
              MailSubject
              MailSize
              MailFilecount
              MailFilenames
              MailText
              MailTextHTML

Look at the Q&A section in the documentation which explains how to set this up.

You may find the package a bit overwhelming but actually you do not need to use to most of it.

It will announce new emails between certain time periods. If you want to disable that, ensure you set the preferences entry when you set up the [mailbox1] details to:

Preferences=0| | | | | | | |
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X