Copy Event from a VB script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Event from a VB script

I am working on a script that will be run from Echo (Alexa) - it's purpose is to set alarms for my children to wake up. The thought was to have the script change the start time of an existing event, and, when run, the event will play music in their bedrooms. The problem is that it is possible that I need multiple alarms set at any given time. One to fire at 7:10AM and another to fire at 6:30AM. The event for these two alarms would be much the same, but with a different start time. Is there a way to copy an existing event from within a VB script and give it a new name?

Thanks,

Scott

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
    The thought was to have the script change the start time of an existing event, and, when run, the event will play music in their bedrooms. The problem is that it is possible that I need multiple alarms set at any given time. One to fire at 7:10AM and another to fire at 6:30AM. The event for these two alarms would be much the same, but with a different start time. Is there a way to copy an existing event from within a VB script and give it a new name?
    Have you considered constructing your alarm script with a manual trigger and then run it from other events? That way, your script could create events with the desired time trigger and an action to run the alarm event.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X