Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    So I'm curious,

Do you all just depend on the fact that you have your phone on you for the detection or is there something else I'm missing?

I am primarily using them In our cars. Simplistically, if the phone is in the car (detected the iBeacon) and I cross a geofence then do stuff.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      I'm confused by this question. You seem to be implying that someone would actually leave the house without their phone? I'm going to go hide under the covers until I recover from that image now.
      I assumed that these were also being used for which room you're in. I admit, my assumption is probably wrong.. lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        So I'm curious,

Do you all just depend on the fact that you have your phone on you for the detection or is there something else I'm missing?
        We only use them to determine who is in which vehicle, so it does depend on our having phones with us.

I cannot think of another way it could work unless we each wore an iBeacon or other BLE device, with detectors in every room and vehicle. Then we still might not take it with us.

All joking aside, the phones with iBeacons in all vehicles has worked very well for us for a year or so.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

On edit
          Last edited by Rvtravlr; January 28, 2017, 02:38 PM.
          Michael

Comment

problem with false enter/exit webhook call witrh Geofency

Hi Randy,

Looking for a solution about an issue I've been having for months, I just found your post. I have the exact same setup you have for rhe USB ibeacon in car running for the last year or so but I have an annoying issue that I'm wondering if you found a solution for:

Everytime I place a call or receive a call on my Iphone, Geofency generate an exit/enter webhook call even if I stay in the ibeacon fence boundary. I tried with 7 different Radbeacon ibeacon and the problem persist.

I have the app on 3 iphone 7 plus running ios 10.2.1 (14D27) and Geofency 4.7.1.

Thanks for reading me
            Bruno

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            The iBeacons are paired to our phones in GeoFency. There is a USB iBeacon on my motorcycle, one in each car and one on Michelle's scooter. The iBeacons are only on when the car is on. When one of the iPhones is near an iBeacon, the corresponding device in HS shows "near". When the phone is away or the iBeacon is off, the device in HS goes to "not near". The response is nearly instant. Each phone (GeoFency) has the 4 iBeacons as well as predefined known locations. If both of us are in the same car, GeoFency in each phone report that we are near that iBeacon.

Using logic, I can trigger on whom is in which car, if they are at a known location.

For example: my phone reports that I am near the iBeacon on the motorcycle, I enter the "Home" fence and the driveway motion sensors show motion in the driveway (within 2 minutes of entering the home fence), the garage door opens. If I have been home more than 2 minutes, the door will not open. If I come home in another vehicle, the door will not open.

The iPhone location tells us and HS where we are, the presence of the iBeacon tells us and HS if we are driving or away from the car. There are many combinations that can identify where each of us are, if we are in a vehicle, etc.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
              I bought these ones (iBKS 105 and USB) and just started messing with them over Christmas. So far I've been happy with them and they are easy to configure through their app.

Cheers
              Al
              Hi Sparkman,

Just ordered three of these for proximity detection using Iphone 6 plus, along with Geofency and PHlocation. Been using Geofency and Phlocation rock solid for a while now.

Im having issues where the beacons keep dropping in and out as although the bluetooth on the phone is going to sleep.

Have you been successful in using these reliably?

Geofency detects ibeacon ok and is set at a broadcast rate of 800ms.

Suggestions appreciated, its driving me nuts!

Comment

Working...
              X