X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here regarding Weatherbug RSS feeds (not working properly)

I too had the same thing happen regarding weatherbug data.

First, my system was in need of a rebuild, so yesterday, I completely wiped my HomeTroller (flash restore, etc.) and rebuilt everything from scratch, with ALL latest versions.

HSPRO 2.5.0.51
    HSTouch Server 1.0.0.53
    HSTouch 1.0.65
    WeatherXML 3.4.16

Afterwards, a lot of my weatherbug RSS feed data on HSTouch was not working. Note: I did register and get both an API key for worldwide weather and weatherbug. Right now, I have the worldwide weather API key configured in the server settings.

I would like to see the older style weatherbug icons back as well, along with some of the weatherbug RSS feed data working again. I liked the 16-point TEXT wind direction indicator (e.g. NNW, NNE, etc. - they are shorter!) and would love that back.

RSSUrlNormal:http:// api.wxbug.net/getLiveWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=<oldversionofHSTouchKey>&zipcod e=19460&unittype=0
    RSSTableNameNormal: ob
    RSSItemName:wind-direction-avg
    (e.g. “NNE”)

With all the upgrades, many of my weatherbug feeds are now just displaying "Text". Why did the upgrades to the HS software affect the weatherbug RSS data feeds? I would have thought that stuff would not be affected? The really stange thing is... the weatherbug RSS feed for temp (Table:temp, Item:temp_Text) works just fine, using the above URL for the RSS feed.'

I can provide more data as needed.

Additional Notes: I also noticed the new API key I received from weatherbug is a lot longer than the one supplied with the older version of HSTOUCH, and when I tried substituting my key, it displays an error message. Am I using the right key? I am using the weatherbug REST XML key, but the older HSTOUCH version key is shorter ("ACODE=" key).

Thanks!
    Brian
    Last edited by KBF100; March 4, 2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I updated the iPhone client and the HST server. Got the key from the new weather service. Redeployed the iPhone.xml config to my iphone. The weather is for Bedford, NH even though I am in California and have my zip code configured on the iphone client.

How do I get it to display the correct weather again?

Bruce

P.S. I am currently on an 30 day HSPro evaluation with the intent to buy. From my limited experience it seems like there isn't any QA performed on any updates. Do HomeSeer leave that up to the customers? Also, why is the web based updater broken? It down graded me from HSPro 2.5.0.49 to 2.5.0.23. Lastly it seems like a lot of the plug ins included with HSPro have been abandoned and are no longer supported or even work. Am I off-base with my observations?

Comment

Originally posted by bruces View Post
        P.S. I am currently on an 30 day HSPro evaluation with the intent to buy. From my limited experience it seems like there isn't any QA performed on any updates. Do HomeSeer leave that up to the customers? Also, why is the web based updater broken? It down graded me from HSPro 2.5.0.49 to 2.5.0.23. Lastly it seems like a lot of the plug ins included with HSPro have been abandoned and are no longer supported or even work. Am I off-base with my observations?
        My experience you are not off base. Go with your gut.

The members of this board are great. They help out with good answers and cheerful attitudes. But it doesn't make up for the things you pointed out.
        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
        Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

My screen shows Bedford but the weather is for my Zip Code. Just annoying!

Actually 2 tablets say Bedford and 2 have Lat and Long displyed. Same temp.Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by hoods View Post
            My screen shows Bedford but the weather is for my Zip Code. Just annoying!

Actually 2 tablets say Bedford and 2 have Lat and Long displyed. Same temp.Go figure!
            Thats what I had when I loaded it too. There was talk of a new Designer to be released, but I dont think I've seen anything on where it is. Also, existing screens are supposed to work with this new plugin, but they dont and there's no documentation on how to use it just yet.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              Thats what I had when I loaded it too. There was talk of a new Designer to be released, but I dont think I've seen anything on where it is. Also, existing screens are supposed to work with this new plugin, but they dont and there's no documentation on how to use it just yet.
              The new designer has been available on the downloads page for about a week: http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/

Docs for the new weather page are in the help file and also were posted in the how to section of this message board at the same time:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153108
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

1.0.65 is in the Downloads area, but so far, it appears that it, along with the plugin breaks existing weather pages. One has to wonder how HS expects to maintain any kind of reputation by releasing such refuse without any documentation other than "bug fixes". So far, I don't see that any bugs have been fixed, but in fact more introduced.
                Restoring my backup if I can.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  The new designer has been available on the downloads page for about a week: http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/

Docs for the new weather page are in the help file and also were posted in the how to section of this message board at the same time:
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153108
                  Thanks Mark. I missed the announcement for the new designer being release.

I did see the help file in the how-to section and it appears to be only for developing new screens to use the new weather feed. It said nothing about how our existing screens would continue to function - thats what is happening to me and others. Our existing screens all have NH as the state, even when using the original feed.

Comment

Our previous weather option only supported weather in the US. As we have users worldwide, this really needed to be addressed. The new weather option (World Weather Online) works around the globe. The change to this service requires the following:

New HSTouch Server plug-in (v1.0.0.53)
                    New HSTouch Clients (v1.0.0.65 Windows, v2.9 IOS, v1.0.26 Android)
                    New HSTouch Designer (v1.0.65)

If you are not up to date on these versions, weather may not work correctly.

For those having issues with any of the new clients, please report those with some detail. That will help us address the problems here. The Android "flashing" issue appears to be caused by a missing graphic in the standard project file and will be addressed in the next update... for those without designer access. Others can just redeploy the project to fix it.

Comment

Our existing screens all have NH as the state, even when using the original feed.
                      Rich did address this but I forget whether the fix was in the client or server. Check to be sure you're running the last versions (see my previous post).

Comment

Rich did address this but I forget whether the fix was in the client or server. Check to be sure you're running the last versions (see my previous post).
                        This morning, I updated Designer, the server plugin and the Android App to the latest available versions I could find here and on the downloads links.
                        I'm sorry to report that existing weather pages do not work. I waited until all three components were available to try to ensure I didn't have problems in upgrading. Not the case unfortunately. Restoring everything from today's backup has everything back to normal. I really wasn't looking forward to having to completely rebuild my projects.
                        As a side, from what I could see in Designer, using a default project, the graphics from WWO seem to be far inferior and much less attractive than those available from weatherbug.
                        While I appreciate the fact that the effort is being made to help out the World community, from my point of view, I'd much rather see efforts put into fixing some of the reported bugs; ZOrder, Marquee; to mention two.

WeatherBug is usable worldwide with moderate effort as is. The CityCode could actually have replaced ZipCode in the Designer and everyone would have been happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                          the graphics from WWO seem to be far inferior
                          Actually, you have total control over this with the latest HSTouch server and clients. WWO provides weather icons for each condition with the following image names:

wsymbol_0001_sunny.png
                          wsymbol_0002_sunny_intervals.png
                          wsymbol_0003_white_cloud.png
                          wsymbol_0004_black_low_cloud.png
                          wsymbol_0005_hazy_sun.png
                          wsymbol_0006_mist.png
                          wsymbol_0007_fog.png
                          wsymbol_0008_clear_sky_night.png
                          wsymbol_0009_light_rain_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0010_heavy_rain_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0011_light_snow_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0012_heavy_snow_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0013_sleet_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0014_light_hail_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0015_heavy_hail_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0016_thundery_showers.png
                          wsymbol_0017_cloudy_with_light_rain.png
                          wsymbol_0018_cloudy_with_heavy_rain.png
                          wsymbol_0019_cloudy_with_light_snow.png
                          wsymbol_0020_cloudy_with_heavy_snow.png
                          wsymbol_0021_cloudy_with_sleet.png
                          wsymbol_0022_cloudy_with_light_hail.png
                          wsymbol_0023_cloudy_with_heavy_hail.png
                          wsymbol_0024_thunderstorms.png
                          wsymbol_0025_light_rain_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0026_heavy_rain_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0027_light_snow_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0028_heavy_snow_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0029_sleet_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0030_light_hail_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0031_heavy_hail_showers_night.png
                          wsymbol_0032_thundery_showers_night.png

If you create new graphics with the same names, you can host them on your local system and HSTouch will display them on your weather page. I've been messing around with some new ones myself to jazz things up. Here's what I've come up with so far:

If you go into the designer, click on one of the icons and looks at the ImageURLNormal property, you'll see the replacement command already in use. We already replace the standard opaque WWO icons with transparent ones (hosted on our server). If you'd like to host your own icons on your own HomeSeer system, add them to a new folder and place them into the html/images/ folder. Then replace our web reference with your HomeSeer local IP address: port number.

I'll work up a decent How To for this as soon as I catch a moment or two.

Comment

I can see that with some work then that this might be accomplished.
                            Just the same, I'd rather not have to go to the extensive effort of having to redesign my existing, and working weather pages, which are currently a composite of current data from my own weather station and forcast data including graphics, from wb. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                            I'd post a pic of what I have, but it looks as if, in Designer at least, my current data objects were all lost by saving the project under the new version.

Edit: To make matters worse, it looks like the Status Tracking property on every single button within my project has disappeared. I'll try the older version of designer in the hope that this isn't permanent. Otherwise, this is major.
                            Last edited by Wadenut; March 7, 2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I can confirm that existing weather screens do not work on the following setup:

Designer 1.0.65
                              Windows Client 1.0.0.65
                              HSTouch Plugin 1.0.0.53

The designer also has a small cosmetic issue when deploying.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Our previous weather option only supported weather in the US. As we have users worldwide, this really needed to be addressed. The new weather option (World Weather Online) works around the globe. The change to this service requires the following:

New HSTouch Server plug-in (v1.0.0.53)
                                New HSTouch Clients (v1.0.0.65 Windows, v2.9 IOS, v1.0.26 Android)
                                New HSTouch Designer (v1.0.65)
                                Mark,

Which version of Windows CE do you need to have to work with all of this?

Thanks!

--Dan
                                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X