No announcement yet.

Feature Requests: Better HStouch Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the plugin settings page there is a check box to create devices for each player. The plugin automatically creates the necessary devices in homeseer.

You can then associate buttons in hstouch to the devices. That at least gives you player controls.

For playlist loading and playlist track selection I have modified the default skin for embedding in HSTouch text element. I have been using this almost exclusively and it works rather well. I will upload my modded skin in the next couple of days. I have a couple tweaks I need to make

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
      In the plugin settings page there is a check box to create devices for each player. The plugin automatically creates the necessary devices in homeseer.

You can then associate buttons in hstouch to the devices. That at least gives you player controls.

For playlist loading and playlist track selection I have modified the default skin for embedding in HSTouch text element. I have been using this almost exclusively and it works rather well. I will upload my modded skin in the next couple of days. I have a couple tweaks I need to make
      Got it! I look forward to your upload!
      Thank you!

Comment

Also it seems the page to control the current playing track in the current loaded playlist is not playlist.html but rather a combination of status_header.html and playlist.html. I'll upload it soon and post what URLs to access

Comment

See this thread for download details and instructions on installing this mod
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180045

Enjoy

Comment

@pcp

Just wondering if you have made any progress with any of the items listed. Most namely, some way to display/control the track position in hstouch.

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
              @pcp

Just wondering if you have made any progress with any of the items listed. Most namely, some way to display/control the track position in hstouch.

I started on my current to do list, but a bit slow for multiple reasons. Anyway in the works as part if the next release.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the update. By far this is my most used plugin. Thanks for your continued support and development

Comment

Track position updating fitfully

Not to hijack this thread, but related to track position, my HSTouch display updates the track position device about once a minute, which is not very useful. What am I missing? Is there a setting I've overlooked?
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I noticed that as well, however there is a check box on the settings page for the plugin that causes faster updates.

I'll have to look at what it is labeled

Comment

Make sure "pool track time position" is checked

Comment

That solved the track position problem. I would never have stumbled on that solution on my own. Thank you.
                        (Sorry for the slow response, but had trouble finding time to test it.)

I'm still having difficulty with the track length device, though. It seems to report the same value (6:10) for every track. What's strange is that the last update time keeps updating, even while a track is playing, but the device string doesn't change. Is there another check box I've missed?
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Not sure on that issue. What client are you using?

I have reported several bugs and I know the Dev is working on a way to display/control track position in hstouch

Comment

yes I am working on a release update but slow progress in the last few weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the update and for making some progress regardless of the speed!

Comment

Check version 3.1.4.7 (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...77&postcount=1) ; it includes several features you asked for.

Comment

Working...
                                X