EZFlora hardware just stopped working - 2 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZFlora hardware just stopped working - 2 yrs

Has anyone else experienced their EZFlora just completely stop working? LED appears off no matter what?

I purchased my EZFlora in June 2014. Worked great that summer and pretty good the summer of 2015. This summer 2016 I had quite a few freeze ups and communication issues that required unplugging the EZFlora device and sometimes stopping/starting this plugin but I'd get it working again. Today after having my system off for a couple weeks due to October temps, it's warm again so I wanted to water this weekend. The EZFlora LED is off. I've tried unplug/plug. I've tried the factory reset by unplug, holding set button and plug back in. I've tested the outlet I plug EZFlora into and it has power. I've tested the 24v power supply for valves and that is working. The EZFlora just appears dead.

I read reviews over at smarthome.com that others have had issues in the 1.5-2 year range with this device. I"m wondering if others here have had any issues or experience bringing this device back to life?

Adam's plugin works so I'd hate to just lose my total investment...

Thanks
    Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Against my better justment I went ahead and ordered another EZFlora from smarthome. To my slight surprise, it's the exact same hardware revision. The Insteon address isn't that much higher that my previous one. Maybe they didn't sell many of these? Am guessing if there is a power problem with these this one may only be good for a year or two as well. Here's crossing my fingers it lasts longer.

V2.B

Rev 1C
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Mine died also. Worked for one season and half of a second. Lots of complaints about this poorly-made device. I'm not buying another one. Too bad I can't use the EZ Flora plugin with other devices.

Comment

My EZ Flora appears to have bit the dust today. It still has green LED when plugged-in but does not respond. Factory reset didn't help. Thought it may be interference but no response even when plugged-in next to PLM controller.

I opened it up and discovered that the base module is a 2413X with an Ezrain daughter board.

I found a long thread about bad capacitors and DIY fixes for the 2413U and 2413S PLMs and someone mentioned that the 2413X shares same components. Sure enough, the capacitors I found inside the EZflora matched those mentioned.

I just ordered the recommended capacitors from Digikey and will attempt the fix when the components arrive. I will post back with results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

EZflora fixed; failure mode was no transmission reaching unit and side LED not lit while plugged-in.
          I replaced all the electrolyte capacitors -- total of 6 capacitors.

There is a long thread on fixing 2413S/U PLMs and the same capacitors are used in the 2413X based in the EZFlora.
          http://forum.universal-devices.com/t...-supply-fails/

Overall, a fairly straight forward fix if you are handy with soldering. Sure beats having to buy a new one if device is out of warranty.
          Last edited by FearlessOne; September 6, 2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X