Roomba Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomba Control

Hi Everyone, i have seen several posts talking about Roowifi and Thinking Cleaner add ons to control existing Roomba's. I have two 770's and am looking to control them but it seems everyone has been having issues with these two solutions as well as they are not available. Is anyone have any luck and if so what are you using?

The new 960's and 980's are out with built in Wifi but i haven't looked at it hard enough to know if they have an open api.

My main goal is to set the roombas to run when i leave the house and dock when i return.

Stan

I'm in the same situation. I've been holding off on getting a roomba until someone creates a plugin for the 960/980. Even if roomba had an IFTTT channel I could live with that. Hopefully something will be available soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sforeman00 View Post
      The new 960's and 980's are out with built in Wifi but i haven't looked at it hard enough to know if they have an open api
      I have had my 980 for a month or so now. I have been searching the net and I don't believe an open API exists. The best info I could find on controlling the 960/980 models was here -> unofficial iRobot Roomba 980 library / SDK

I am by no means a developer but I will eventually get around to trying this out. If I have any success I will definitely post my results.

Comment

Working...
      X