No announcement yet.

Event Trigger "X10: Receive X10 Command" Not Working [resolved in v3.0.0.39]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Trigger "X10: Receive X10 Command" Not Working [resolved in v3.0.0.39]

After searching through multiple forum posts, it appears that the event trigger "X10: Receive X10 Command" does not actually work.

The work around seems to be to create a device (virtual or real) for each desired X10 code, then trigger the event based on status change.

Is this an accurate assessment or should I keep digging to figure out why my setup doesn't work?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mfisher; December 24, 2016, 10:50 AM.

This is what I found too. Though I'm not sure if this is still the case with .38 build that mfisher just release...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185551

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I just installed the 39 build and still have the problem. I just want to confirm that it truly doesn't work before beating my head further against the wall. If true, then my next question will be, is it something Mark is or will be working on?

I am thankful he has taken on this project. I'm still heavily X10...

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Johnson View Post
        I just want to confirm that it truly doesn't work before beating my head further against the wall. If true, then my next question will be, is it something Mark is or will be working on?
        AFAIK you are correct. It doesn't work.
        Perhaps Mark will jump in to comment on any plans to change that.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Gee... didn't realized a new release.

It would be nice if it worked... I had to change one of my events which I used to count rain from an X-10 power flash module to "This devices changes and becomes"... On. When I first migrated from HS2, I tried to figure this out as well. The beating marks have finally healed.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Well, thanks to your (collective) posts, I'm not too bloody. Just frustrated. I'm hopeful Mark will chime in and confirm, and maybe even give us some hope!

Mike

Comment

I'm happy to look into this so that you don't have to beat yourself bloody any longer

Can you please show me some examples where events are not being triggered on the reception of an X10 command? The following commands are working for me with the CM11a, Ti103 and CM15a:
              • All Devices Off
              • All Lights On
              • Device On
              • Device Off

I have not tested whether they work when receiving Dim/Brt commands though.

Please try creating a new event under v.39 and let me know what happens.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thank you!

I will need to assemble the info you need. In my process of configuring work arounds, it dawned on me that at least a couple of my X10 Received triggers actually worked at one point (I had thought that none worked). I need to analyze it more carefully so as to give you accurate info on repeatable issues.

I do have v.39 installed and will create new events for the tests.

Again, thank you for looking into this.

Mike

Comment

I bow down at your feet, Mark Fisher, oh God of X10!!!!! You have delivered me from the wrath of the bloody wall!

I re-created all of my X10 Received events and all appear to be working as expected. Some trigger device control, some trigger other events. I have only tested On and Off commands.

For reference, I am using a TI-103 under Windows 10.

Thank you!!

Mike

Comment

Maybe I'll install the latest version of the plug-in.
                    Just afraid I'll have to undo all the workarounds I added to may scripts.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I do feel that a contributing factor to success is re-creating the events. I had some working, some not, but I'm not sure when each event was created in relation to my installation of v.39 of the plugin. So, I just started over with each event, deleting the old and creating a new one. It's only been a few hours, but, so far, all seem to be working.

Mike

Comment

This is all very good news. I'll have to give this a try.

Thank you Mark

Robert

Comment

I bow down at your feet, Mark Fisher, oh God of X10!!!!! You have delivered me from the wrath of the bloody wall!

I re-created all of my X10 Received events and all appear to be working as expected. Some trigger device control, some trigger other events. I have only tested On and Off commands.

For reference, I am using a TI-103 under Windows 10.

Thank you!!

Mike
                          I do feel that a contributing factor to success is re-creating the events. I had some working, some not, but I'm not sure when each event was created in relation to my installation of v.39 of the plugin. So, I just started over with each event, deleting the old and creating a new one. It's only been a few hours, but, so far, all seem to be working.

Mike
                          Thank you for the kind words, I'm so glad it's working for you.

Yes, recreating (or maybe just editing existing events) is required so that the plugin can update the data stored in the event.
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

I an confirm that the "Received X-10.." command is working in events now. I have not seen any other problems.

Thanks again Mark!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              I an confirm that the "Received X-10.." command is working in events now. I have not seen any other problems.

Thanks again Mark!

Robert
                              Excellent, thanks for the feedback. You are most welcome.
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                              X