No announcement yet.

HomeTroller SEL not booting after restore without Video and Keyboard attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller SEL not booting after restore without Video and Keyboard attached

Greetings, I recently restored my HomeTroller SEL to a recent backup. The restore worked great. Actually, except for a small problem I am experiencing it was flawless.

I restored it by connecting a keyboard, mouse and monitor to it. I the reset it to factory, upgraded HS3 and HSTouch to current, installed my plug-ins manually (I did not configure them). Then, I copied a recent backup to my HomeTroller SEL and restored it. All seemed to work well.

When I went to put the HomeTroller SEL back into its regular location (equipment closet), I noticed that it was not visible on my network. After a bit of investigation and seeing that there was no network issue with other equipment in the closet, I connected a keyboard, monitor, and mouse. When I restarted the HomeTroller SEL, it came up fine. I removed the keyboard, monitor and mouse, and it did not show up on the network.

So, it seems that without the keyboard, monitor, and mouse connected, the system stays stuck on the Grub menu. Is there something I must do have it boot now without the Keyboard, Monitor, or mouse? This seems rather odd.

Boot it with just the monitor & see what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post

So, it seems that without the keyboard, monitor, and mouse connected, the system stays stuck on the Grub menu. Is there something I must do have it boot now without the Keyboard, Monitor, or mouse? This seems rather odd.
      Looks like you have lost the current version of Grub for the SEL.

Try the instructions at this post to install the latest version.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=17

Comment

Thanks! I will give it a try later.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
          Looks like you have lost the current version of Grub for the SEL.

Try the instructions at this post to install the latest version.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=17

You are a star! That worked great. Thanks for responding to the thread.

Comment

This may be the issue I am having it will only boot if the SEL is hooked up to my tv by HDMI also after a restore

Comment

Working...
            X