Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving HS3 Server installation

Hey Spud (or others),

I'm about to move my HS3 installation to another server, and switch my interface from an Aeotec Stick to a Z-net.

Any gotchas I need to plan for wrt my IH tablet installations? Internally, i'm forcing local node to the static IP address...... assume I just change the IP setting in the settings for IH, and all will work????

For remote use, I'm currently using portforwarding (having moved to the MyHS option yet).

The plugin uses the HS3 machine name to build the system name that you see in IH. Something like "HS3 <machine_name>"
    As your new HS3 server probably has a different name, you may want to force the plugin to use the old name by adding it to your ImperiHome.ini:
    Code:
    [ISS]
    system_id=HS3 <machine_name>

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      The plugin uses the HS3 machine name to build the system name that you see in IH. Something like "HS3 <machine_name>"
      As your new HS3 server probably has a different name, you may want to force the plugin to use the old name by adding it to your ImperiHome.ini:
      Code:
      [ISS]
      system_id=HS3 <machine_name>
      Makes me nervous :-)

This is the current IP/name:
      LAN IP Address:
      192.168.1.31 (AsusZenStick)

OK... so after dumping my HS folder on top of my new HS3 installation, i'll put this in the beginning of my Imperihome.ini

[ISS]
      system_id=HS3 <AsusZenStick>

do i use the "<>" ?

Then i'm guessing i DON'T look for a new system in the Imperihome settings... this fix should allow it to work without changes to the tablet settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Makes me nervous :-)

This is the current IP/name:
        LAN IP Address:
        192.168.1.31 (AsusZenStick)

OK... so after dumping my HS folder on top of my new HS3 installation, i'll put this in the beginning of my Imperihome.ini

[ISS]
        system_id=HS3 <AsusZenStick>

do i use the "<>" ?

Then i'm guessing i DON'T look for a new system in the Imperihome settings... this fix should allow it to work without changes to the tablet settings?
        look in your IH app how yous system is called, then add it to the [ISS] section of ImperiHome.ini as system_id. You don't need the "<>"

Comment

This didn't seem to work.

The machine I moved it to has two NIC cards in it (for VM use)... the HS3 install is recognized on the 192.168.1.154 IP.

But in the Imperihome config (see pic attached) it shows both IPs on the base URl. I'm guessing that's where the problem is?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            This didn't seem to work.

The machine I moved it to has two NIC cards in it (for VM use)... the HS3 install is recognized on the 192.168.1.154 IP.

But in the Imperihome config (see pic attached) it shows both IPs on the base URl. I'm guessing that's where the problem is?
            I don't think that's a problem, the plugin just listen on on every NIC if finds, just choose one and enter it in the IH app settings.

Comment

http://192.168.1.31:8072/issapihttp://192.168.1.154:8072/issapi
              Attached Files

Comment

can you access http://192.168.1.154:8072/issapi/system from a browser on your tablet?

you may have a firewall blocking port 8072 on your new server

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  can you access http://192.168.1.154:8072/issapi/system from a browser on your tablet?

you may have a firewall blocking port 8072 on your new server
                  Argh... it's the little things. yep... that did it.

Wish i could get those two hours in my life back :-)

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X