ZWave failure 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave failure 100%

I had ZWave devices up and running and working well.

Yesterday all devices stopped responding. Nothing changed, I wasnt working on programming or anything. The system is on a UPS.

I rebooted. I also did a power off reboot.

This morning I removed the interface and started over. It let me add one wall switch, but that was all it would do. The newly added switch does not work from HS despite just being added. I tried to add other devices and no luck.

Lost as what to try next

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
    I had ZWave devices up and running and working well.

Yesterday all devices stopped responding. Nothing changed, I wasnt working on programming or anything. The system is on a UPS.

I rebooted. I also did a power off reboot.

This morning I removed the interface and started over. It let me add one wall switch, but that was all it would do. The newly added switch does not work from HS despite just being added. I tried to add other devices and no luck.

Lost as what to try next
    Do you see any errors in the HS logs? Post the log entries from when the zwave plugin starts. You may have a misbehaving device that is flooding the zwave network. Remove batteries from battery powered devices and turn off all breakers with zwave devices on them and slowly start turning things on again. A simple reboot of the misbehaving device may fix it.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Do you see any errors in the HS logs? Post the log entries from when the zwave plugin starts. You may have a misbehaving device that is flooding the zwave network. Remove batteries from battery powered devices and turn off all breakers with zwave devices on them and slowly start turning things on again. A simple reboot of the misbehaving device may fix it.

Cheers
      Al
      I started again from scratch and added on wall switch. This is the log, I dont see any other messages

Code:
      Dec-29 08:10:35	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION
      Dec-29 08:09:23	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY
      Dec-29 08:09:23	 	Z-Wave	Polling device: Sigma Switch Binary
      Dec-29 08:09:22	 	Z-Wave	Setting a polling interval of 20 Minutes, 0 Seconds on device Node 2 Z-Wave Sigma Switch Binary
      Dec-29 08:09:17	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
      Dec-29 08:09:17	 	Z-Wave Warning	Error getting version information for node 2, Send failed.
      Dec-29 08:09:13	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
      Dec-29 08:09:09	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION_V2
      Dec-29 08:09:09	 	Z-Wave Warning	Node 2 supports the MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC command class but manufacturer information was not obtained. Cannot continue with this node.
      Dec-29 08:09:05	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
      Dec-29 08:09:05	 	Z-Wave	Node: 2 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL, POWERLEVEL, CONFIGURATION, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, NODE_NAMING
      Dec-29 08:09:01	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
      Dec-29 08:09:01	 	Z-Wave	Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
      Dec-29 08:09:01	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Controller firmware version: 4.32
      Dec-29 08:09:01	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
      Dec-29 08:08:56	 	Z-Wave	New Interface2: Sending to node 2 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
      Dec-29 08:08:54	 	Z-Wave	Done. Node 2 Added.

Comment

Wiped out the entire interface. Then got close proximity to all the wall plugs and re-added them. Then put all the modules back where they belong and optimized network. Then added wall switches. Optimized again.

No idea why this happened.

Comment

Working...
        X