Still getting iCloud 2FA auth error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting iCloud 2FA auth error

I have the latest .70 plugin, I have reset the account, re-entered my credentials for Apple, sent my 2FA code to my device from Apple.

The plugin always indicates that 2FA status is unknown, I receive my 4 digit code, enter it in the plugin, and click submit. The plugin replies that it has failed.

The debug log always shows the following:

Jan-11 11:42:17 AM PHLocation Error (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (RequestCode) General error for: hidden Ex:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at h.d.g(Int32 A_0)
    Jan-11 11:42:13 AM PHLocation Warning (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (StartService) Service for: hidden Started in Awaiting Verify state.
    Jan-11 11:42:13 AM PHLocation (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (Authenticate) Auth OK for: hidden dsid:1051061523
    Jan-11 11:42:13 AM PHLocation Error (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (Authenticate) 2 factor auth for : hidden has not been verified. Go to the PHL tab of the account root device to verify.
    Jan-11 11:42:13 AM PHLocation (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (Authenticate) Called for: hidden
    Jan-11 11:42:13 AM PHLocation Warning (DeleteCfile) Stored login data deleted for iCloud device ref: 7065 If 2FA is enabled on this account you will need to re-validate.
    Jan-11 11:42:13 AM PHLocation (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: Stopping service for client: hidden
    Jan-11 11:41:15 AM PHLocation Error (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (ValidateCode) Failed for: [emailhidden[/email] Result: {"success":false,"errorTitle":"Invalid Code","errorMessage":"The code you entered is not valid.","errorCode":-21669}
    Jan-11 11:40:50 AM PHLocation (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (RequestCode) Success for: hidden
    Jan-11 11:40:40 AM PHLocation (handleICL) from: 7065 msg: (GetTrustedDevices) Added device: SMS : *****14 to list for: hidden

You are indeed correct. It worked fine in my earlier testing...

I'm onto it now.

Paul..

Comment

Did you request your validation code to be sent via SMS or to an Apple device?

If possible (as a test) can you reset the account, then request a code be sent to whichever is the first device in the drop down and see if it will validate.

Paul..

Comment

I have identified and fixed the issue and I will get version .71 out a little later this evening.

In the meantime, the 2FA verification process will only work if you request a verification code be sent to the first device in the drop down list.

Paul..

Comment

Got it...the first device is an iPad mini that has sat in a drawer for the last 6 months.
          The 2nd device is what I have been trying...my cell phone number.

I can wait until you get the update out later tonight.
          Thank you!

Comment

Version 3.0.1.71 is now available with the 2FA verification fix.

Paul..

Comment

That did the trick!

Thank you for your VERY quick response...

Comment

Same for me. Thanks for the great work.

Jim

Comment

Authentication Error

I have version 3.0.1.76. I keep getting asked on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook to allow access. Is this because I have the Ignore unknown iDevices box unchecked? The only device I have added is my iPhone. I will be adding the iPad at a later time.

I just checked it to see if that is the issue or not and I still get the notification for allowing access and the code.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike View Post
                    I have version 3.0.1.76. I keep getting asked on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook to allow access. Is this because I have the Ignore unknown iDevices box unchecked? The only device I have added is my iPhone. I will be adding the iPad at a later time.

I just checked it to see if that is the issue or not and I still get the notification for allowing access and the code.
                    Did you go through the 2FA authorization as described in the help document?
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Did you go through the 2FA authorization as described in the help document?
                      Yes I did. Maybe I did something incorrectly. The device for authentication had my iPhone as the device which I used. My iPhone 2FA status is verified.

Comment

Can you either post here or email me the exact message that is showing on your iDevices.

This is the way its supposed to work.

1. The first time the plug-in tries to connect to an account with 2FA enabled it will place the account in an awaiting verification state.

2. Going to the PHL tab of the root device for that account will allow you to select a device to receive a verification code. Select a device and hit the request code button.

3. Enter the code received on the device and hit the verify code button.

If successful then you should see a green message.

This process is done at account level, not device level so once verified it shouldn't ask again.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                          Can you either post here or email me the exact message that is showing on your iDevices.

This is the way its supposed to work.

1. The first time the plug-in tries to connect to an account with 2FA enabled it will place the account in an awaiting verification state.

2. Going to the PHL tab of the root device for that account will allow you to select a device to receive a verification code. Select a device and hit the request code button.

3. Enter the code received on the device and hit the verify code button.

If successful then you should see a green message.

This process is done at account level, not device level so once verified it shouldn't ask again.

Paul..

Ok, here are the screenshots. I believe I did he setup correctly since the status was verified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey I am on HS3 for Linux 3.0.0.258. I just checked my plugin is 3.0.1.52. I don't see an upgate available. Do I need to upgrade HS3 for Linux to latest to get access to the phlocation plugin update?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                              Hey I am on HS3 for Linux 3.0.0.258. I just checked my plugin is 3.0.1.52. I don't see an upgate available. Do I need to upgrade HS3 for Linux to latest to get access to the phlocation plugin update?

You need to download the latest version from his website, copy the files to the appropriate folders and then it will be available in the updater after you do a refresh. It will be a 'local' update.

Comment

Working...
                              X