No announcement yet.

Still getting iCloud 2FA auth error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His website is here and is also linked in the first post of this thread. The installation instructions are on his website here.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike View Post
      Ok, here are the screenshots. I believe I did he setup correctly since the status was verified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      From the screenshots, this is not the same verification process that I've seen when testing so I expect there is something different with your setup.

I'll need to do some more investigation. What model of device and OS version were those screenshots from?

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        From the screenshots, this is not the same verification process that I've seen when testing so I expect there is something different with your setup.

I'll need to do some more investigation. What model of device and OS version were those screenshots from?

Paul..

I have an AT&T Model MG582LL/A (iPhone 6) running iOS 10.0.2.

Ok, here is what I did.

1. Reset account in the device manager
        2. Changed my iCloud password
        3. Sent the code to my iPhone again
        4. Entered the new code and saved it

I will post back if I keep getting the authentication error as shown above. Let's hope.

Thanks for your support and quick replies. This is a great plugin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike View Post
          I have an AT&T Model MG582LL/A (iPhone 6) running iOS 10.0.2.

Ok, here is what I did.

1. Reset account in the device manager
          2. Changed my iCloud password
          3. Sent the code to my iPhone again
          4. Entered the new code and saved it

I will post back if I keep getting the authentication error as shown above. Let's hope.

Thanks for your support and quick replies. This is a great plugin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I have had no notifications so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just setup 2FA on my mine and my wifes iphone and it worked very well

Can the icloud update in the plugin be set for 5 minute updates instead of 10 or will that cause issues?
            What is the limit before it will cause issues with Apple?
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I just setup 2FA on my mine and my wifes iphone and it worked very well

Can the icloud update in the plugin be set for 5 minute updates instead of 10 or will that cause issues?
              What is the limit before it will cause issues with Apple?
              Currently you can set the default interval (within the iCloud account root device) as low as 1 minute and as high as 60 minutes. The only downside with small intervals is the battery drain on the devices associated with that account.

FYI:
              The interval set within the root iAccount device is the default for that account. Whenever the service for that account is re-started (e.g. manual services stop / start, plug-in stop start or HS3 re-start), the interval will be reset to that default value.

Whilst the service is running for an iAccount, the interval can be overridden or paused via the controls on the "Interval" device but it will revert to the default on a re-start of the service.

Users have used HS3 events to change the refresh interval based on other HS criteria but I think by far the most used combination is to also have Geofency running on the mobile device which can then be used to change refresh intervals.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Paul
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Currently you can set the default interval (within the iCloud account root device) as low as 1 minute and as high as 60 minutes. The only downside with small intervals is the battery drain on the devices associated with that account.

FYI:
                  The interval set within the root iAccount device is the default for that account. Whenever the service for that account is re-started (e.g. manual services stop / start, plug-in stop start or HS3 re-start), the interval will be reset to that default value.

Whilst the service is running for an iAccount, the interval can be overridden or paused via the controls on the "Interval" device but it will revert to the default on a re-start of the service.

Users have used HS3 events to change the refresh interval based on other HS criteria but I think by far the most used combination is to also have Geofency running on the mobile device which can then be used to change refresh intervals.

Paul..
                  Leveraging GeoFency to alter the iCloud polling frequency is how I do it. 1 minute works fine and you can even create an event with a recurring trigger to do a forced update as quickly as every 10 seconds. 10 seconds is about the fastest iCloud can respond, but at that interval it will not always give you an updated location. Any more frequent polling and you are likely to ask for an update before the prior update is completed. I finally settled on 20 seconds as the fastest practical update.

I can post event examples if requested.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Leveraging GeoFency to alter the iCloud polling frequency is how I do it. 1 minute works fine and you can even create an event with a recurring trigger to do a forced update as quickly as every 10 seconds. 10 seconds is about the fastest iCloud can respond, but at that interval it will not always give you an updated location. Any more frequent polling and you are likely to ask for an update before the prior update is completed. I finally settled on 20 seconds as the fastest practical update.

I can post event examples if requested.
                    I hadn't considered forcing a manual poll at high frequency....

FYI
                    The plug-in won't allow another request to be made on an account if one is already in progress.

Paul..

Comment

I hadn't considered forcing a manual poll at high frequency....

FYI
                      The plug-in won't allow another request to be made on an account if one is already in progress.

Paul..
                      Yes, that is probably why it will sometimes not update at every 10 second interval. The response from iCloud is usually very fast, but sometimes it is slow responding. Even at 20 second intervals there may be periods when iCloud does not return an updated location. Most of the time with a 20 second interval and a web page refreshing at that frequency, you get a good idea of a device moving through traffic.

We actually now set the interval to 1 minute on the account control and use 1 minute refreshes on the web pages. That is sufficient. We no longer speed it up with forced updates. My only point is that it will work at 10 seconds if you really want the most frequent updates possible.

Comment

I need to look more into geofency - I really do not know much about it
                        Is there any good info?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Is there any good info?
                          It is a nice compliment to iCloud position reporting. It is very fast and reliable reporting entry and exit of geo fences you create on the phone. It also works well with iBeacons. It has little if any effect on battery usage and reports directly to your HS server, no cloud lag. We use iBeacons so that HS knows what vehicle each of us is in.

GeoFency just reports near/not near to predefined locations and iBeacons.

http://www.geofency.com/

Comment

Is there any good info?
                            I'm an Android user myself but I use a combination of EgiGeoZone (for geofencing) and Tasker to send my actual location in much the same way as Randy describes. I often only need to know who is / isn't home and geofencing does this with very little battery drain and good reliability.

Basically the geofencing apps allow you to set up various predefined zones on the mobile device (coordinates + radius) and whenever it detects that the device has entered or exited one of those zones it sends a message to the plug-in along the lines of [DeviceId][FenceId][Entry/Exit].

As a side note:
                            I've just finished optimising the procedure that handles incoming fence data. It used to take about 250 ms to process an incoming fence message and return a response to the client. This is now down to about 20 ms.

As Randy has done 99% of the iCloud testing with the plug-in, he is probably much better placed to advise what works and what doesn't.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              Yes, that is probably why it will sometimes not update at every 10 second interval. The response from iCloud is usually very fast, but sometimes it is slow responding. Even at 20 second intervals there may be periods when iCloud does not return an updated location. Most of the time with a 20 second interval and a web page refreshing at that frequency, you get a good idea of a device moving through traffic.

We actually now set the interval to 1 minute on the account control and use 1 minute refreshes on the web pages. That is sufficient. We no longer speed it up with forced updates. My only point is that it will work at 10 seconds if you really want the most frequent updates possible.
                              Randy

Have you changed away from using fences to change the iCloud update interval? e.g. decreasing the updates when at known places and increasing when on the move?

Perhaps I am missing the distinction between that and the discussion in this thread

Cheers
                              James
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                                Randy

Have you changed away from using fences to change the iCloud update interval? e.g. decreasing the updates when at known places and increasing when on the move?

Perhaps I am missing the distinction between that and the discussion in this thread

Cheers
                                James
                                No I still default to 15 minutes, do a forced update and increase polling frequency to 1 minute when leaving a known location. Then it stays at that increased polling rate until entering another known location or 60 minutes, whichever is soonest. If it enters a known location it does a forced update and is returned to the default rate.

The forced update mode I wrote about is a special thing I built for my wife that gives her a virtually real time (updated every 20 seconds) webpage she can load to see where I am. I can do the same for hers. We don't use the increased polling rate through forced updates, because once a minute is adequate. It was just an experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X