Geofences listed by ID in message panel since version 177

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geofences listed by ID in message panel since version 177

After updating to version 3.0.1.177 it seems that when tripping a geofence the message panel gets the ID (long serialized number) instead of the fence name. Is this a bug, or is there something I can do to restore the previous functionality? Thanks.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

I think it is a bug that should only be affecting Geofency types.

Can you confirm that it is Geofency you see the issue with?

Paul..

Comment

Yes it is geofency.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Fixed in .79

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180362

Paul..

Comment

Thank you [emoji3].

Comment

It seems to be a little better with ~.179. Instead of the fence ID in the message panel I see the fence name, though spaces in the name have %20% instead of a space. Any chance you could take another look?
            Last edited by jlrichar; February 5, 2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
              It seems to be a little better with ~.177. Instead of the fence ID in the message panel I see the fence name, though spaces in the name have %20% instead of a space. Any chance you could take another look?
              Should be fixed in 3.0.1.80

Paul..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                  Should be fixed in 3.0.1.80

Paul..
                  I tried this version and it is still the same behavior. Only geofency devices exhibit the extra %20 in place of spaces. iCloud devices have spaces and look correct.

Comment

I tried this version and it is still the same behavior. Only geofency devices exhibit the extra %20 in place of spaces. iCloud devices have spaces and look correct.
                    I was sure I'd fixed that in the last version.

I don't currently have any fences with spaces in the name here but I did put some test data through and it appeared to be decoding it OK.

Let me do some real testing tomorrow and get to the bottom of it.

Paul..

Comment

There must be something I'm missing

I just tested with some simulated Geofency data with spaces in the fence name and it appears to be decoding correctly.

Could you set the "log html requests to file" option to on within the config>other page and after at least 1 Geofency message has come in, switch the log option off and email me the file.

File will be at \html\PHLocation\Logs\httplog_yyyymmdd.txt

Paul..

Comment

I just checked my Message Panel and see the same thing:

Code:
                        #1873 2/8/2017 4:49:31 PM Fence for User: Geofency - Al with Fence Name: iBeacon%2001 changed to Not Near
                        I'm on version 3.0.1.80. Here's a log:

Code:
                        PHLocation http Log File. Created 2/8/2017 4:56:07 PM
                        ========================================
                        DATE;REQURL;REQFROM;DATA;RESULT;TTIME
                        2/8/2017 4:56:07 PM;/phlgeofency;www.xxx.yyy.zzz.:64341;device=8A4ADCDD-F81F-4A5D-A2E4-5B8zzzzzzzz&major=*&longitude=-114.1&id=76DC01F4-43CF-4CEC-82B9-FC5B5D925D7F&beaconUUID=00005294-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&minor=*&date=2017-02-08T23:56:06Z&latitude=51.1&entry=1&name=iBeaconU%2003;200;0
                        Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Paul.

Thanks for taking a look at this with the new version. I just installed 3.0.1.82. The spaces are now spaces again in the geofency message panel. However if you enter a fence the message panel shows a not near message even though the device for the fence shows near. To put it another way if you enter or exit a fence It seems that the message panel will only show not near messages now. Let me know if you need any logs or anything. Sparkman, is it behaving the same for you? I tested using the enter and exit commands under webhook in the geofency app.

Comment

Sparkman, is it behaving the same for you? I tested using the enter and exit commands under webhook in the geofency app.
                            Yes, I see the same behavior as you do.

Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm not going to hold my breath but the "always showing near" issue should be fixed in 3.0.1.83.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                              X