deCONZ and Philips Hue Hub coexistence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deCONZ and Philips Hue Hub coexistence

Can the deCONZ ConBee and the Philips Hue Hub coexist to get the benefits of both for the same bulbs?

I am looking for the speed of web-hooks, but would like to maintain the convenience of the Hue App.

I guess only one can be the hub, thus eliminating this possibility?

aeklo,

Both will be a hub (gateway) with their own set of devices connected. So far even the ConBee/RasBee's can be seen in the Hue app. Not sure if that will be forever though.

You will need to add at least one light to the Conbee, is it needs the light as a router. And if you want to have sensors more then say 7 meters away form the conbee and the light you will need to add extra lights to be sure meshing works for the sensors.
    All effects from the sensors will have to be handled by HS3 and the plugin as you cannot directly control a light on the Philips gatew straight from the Conbee, the plugin can handle this perfectly though.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      aeklo,

Both will be a hub (gateway) with their own set of devices connected. So far even the ConBee/RasBee's can be seen in the Hue app. Not sure if that will be forever though.

You will need to add at least one light to the Conbee, is it needs the light as a router. And if you want to have sensors more then say 7 meters away form the conbee and the light you will need to add extra lights to be sure meshing works for the sensors.

All effects from the sensors will have to be handled by HS3 and the plugin as you cannot directly control a light on the Philips gatew straight from the Conbee, the plugin can handle this perfectly though.

Wim

Thanks for clarifying. Some further questions though:

What can be achieved by the ConBee being visible in the Hue app?

How can the firmware of bulbs and sensors be updated if using ConBee as the hub?

Comment

aeklo,

The conbee presets itself as Hue hub in the app. I guess you should be able to do the same? I never tested this myself though as I am not using the Philips Hue app really except for some specific tests now and then.

Wit the deCONZ software you can update firmware of Ikea lights and sensors, dresden Lights and switches. Dresden is trying to have the Osram updates as well. As far I know Philips is not allowing using their firmware in deCONZ, so Philips lights will not be updated.
        You would still need to have a Philips bridge stowed away for that. The last update was applied here by moving my lights back to the Philips bridge, waiting for the updates to be applied and moving the lights back to the raspBee here. The plugin can handle these moves, without the need to adjust scenes or events

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X