X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
      Is anyone interested in a Plug-In to interface with a Pentair Easytouch panel (Pool/Spa controller)?

I have developed one for my use along with a iPad interface for controlling the pool.

It is interfaced through a arduino(RS485) to the homeseer PC.

Let me know.

Jason
      Jason, will your plugin work with just an RS485 connection or will we need your arduino interface too?

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
        Jason, will your plugin work with just an RS485 connection or will we need your arduino interface too?
        Just RS485. I'm converting it.

Jason

Comment

Now we are talking.
          Thank you Jason.

Comment

Any takers to beta test it? I have it mostly working for status and circuit control. Can't set temps yet or view salt level.

You need a 2 Wire RS485 to USB converter.

I use this one:
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You have to jump the output terminals to the inputs to make it work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I am ready for it. How do I collaborate?

Comment

Beta Test

I'd love to help beta test as well.

I can test on the SunTouch (should be compatible with EasyTouch). I'm also happy to upgrade to an EasyTouch to make it work.

Also, I'm happy to test using the Global Cache WF2SL with an RS232-RS485 converter. This would be a great solution, as folks could plug the WF2SL into their RS-485 bus down by the EasyTouch/SunTouch panel at the pool, then connect via WiFi to the pool. Also Global Cache has an IP2SL for folks that want to hardwire an Ethernet connection to their pool area.

Best,
                Chris

Comment

Hello Jason.

How will we help test this?

Comment

Thanks for working on this.

Looking forward to helping out.

Comment

Here is a .zip file containing a plug-in for HS3 to interface with a EasyTouch control panel. You will need a RS485 to USB interface to make this work.

I use this one and it works great. http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just put the contents in your HS3 root directory and configure the serial port from manage plug-ins.

Jason
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cool

One of the things I'm planning on trying is to see if I can get this to work with the Global Cache WF2SL with the UT-2127 adapter.

Most folks have their pool gear far away from the HomeSeer server, so running an RS-485 cable from the Pentair SunTouch / EasyTouch system could mean running new cable. The upside using the WF2SL is you can run RS485 to it, and then it can present the serial interface via WiFi back to the HS3 system. This is how I connect my Z-Troller to the HS3 server. This allows the Z-Troller to be positioned in the middle of the house, where it has a single hop to most of the z-wave interfaces. Another upside of this approach is complete electrical isolation. The USB interface you specified does do optical isolation between the USB and RS-485 interface (as does the UT-2127).

In any case, will be interesting to see if this will work. I'm also going to try to get it to talk to my SunTouch controller, which I believe is compatible with the EasyTouch protocol. If I can't this to work, I'm happy to upgrade to an EasyTouch panel so that I can use your plugin, or help you get it to work with the SunTouch.

Global Cache also has an ethernet version of the same box, for folks that don't want to risk the potential unreliability of WiFi.

Links to the products mentioned below:

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-i.../dp/B0051BU42W

http://www.amazon.com/UT-2127-Port-p.../dp/B00GI9GT5M

I'll get around to playing with this over the coming weekend. Thanks again for your work on this!

Chris

Comment

Should work. I could maybe add a direct TCPIP connection so you don't need to add a virtual serial port.

I'm going to work with HS to get this in the updater.

Let me know if you get it working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Jason,

As you stated, for now the plugin only reads statuses.
                            I see the circuits reporting on/off properly.
                            I see the Spa Heat on/off status properly.

Heater set point does not match, with plugin reporting -77 and easytouch indicating 58
                            Water temperature is correct, at 83 in both ends

Do you have any specific tests you want me to run?

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
                              Jason,

As you stated, for now the plugin only reads statuses.
                              I see the circuits reporting on/off properly.
                              I see the Spa Heat on/off status properly.

Heater set point does not match, with plugin reporting -77 and easytouch indicating 58
                              Water temperature is correct, at 83 in both ends

Do you have any specific tests you want me to run?
                              You should be able to turn circuits on/off if you wire the RS485 to serial interface correctly to transmit.

I have observed the heater set point issue and I'm trying to reverse engineer the messaging - I thought I had it but something changed.

Comment

No luck yet

I got the plugin installed and configured with a virtual serial port, however the devices are all showing uninitialized values.

Here is a dump from COM1:

http://kemp.s3.amazonaws.com/public/kemp_suntouch.txt

This is what I am seeing in the UI:

Let me know if you see anything odd in the serial stream.

By the way, is there a way to make the serial output more intelligable?

Comment

Working...
                                X