ZWave Phantom Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave Phantom Network

I am running HS3. I did some home renovation and lost a couple zwave devices in the process. Someone must have mistakingly thrown them out. So I have two phantom nodes in my zwave network which I control with HS3. I read the details on removing phantom devices in other posts, but they seem to be specific to HS2.

I think the basic approach is to backup the zstick config to a text file, delete the lines for the phantom devices, then clear the z-stick and reload the config which is not missing the phantom devices.

However, I do not see how to use HS3 to make a backup of the z-stick config. If someone could point me where to do this, I think I can manage the rest.

Thanks,
    Denis

Remove Failed Node is not working - trying to get Sigma Designs to help me figure out why... So until that is working again, that procedure you outlined is the only way, but when you erase and restore a network, you are wiping out ALL routing information, so things will not work right until you get your network fully optimized several times.

To do it, it is right there in the same controller management page where you do imports and other controller functions. However, the Z-Stick is a static controller and so you never could do this with a Z-Stick. The installer library is the only one that allows it (Z-Troller and some others). We got Aeon to do an installer library for the Z-Stick but we had some issues with it (probably our fault at the time) so it never went into production. Even if we had it and you could upgrade your Z-Stick to use it, it would cause you to lose all of your nodes and you would have to re-add them all. So, unless you have an installer library Z-Stick which would be pretty rare, just sit on the phantom nodes until we get remove failed node working in HS3.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks Rick - very informative. I will wait for that fix.

Comment

Working...
      X