Reaction Time to trigger an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I use GeoFency triggers, combined with iBeacon (fences in GeoFency) and driveway motion to trigger opening the garage door when I get home. It opens as soon as I pull in the driveway.
    Can you tell me what brand/model motion detector you are using? I can't find a reasonable priced outdoor detector. I'm looking to duplicate your garage door automation set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
      Can you tell me what brand/model motion detector you are using? I can't find a reasonable priced outdoor detector. I'm looking to duplicate your garage door automation set-up.
      I actually do not use outdoor motion sensors. I am using Bosch ISC-BDL2-WP6G dual mode detectors. I chose them because they are both PIR and microwave, virtually eliminating false triggers. They are also short range - 6 meters. I've not had a false trigger since installing them 3 years ago. They are tucked up under the eaves so they are not exposed to rain or snow. I took them down to paint a few months ago and they still look like new internally.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I am using Bosch ISC-BDL2-WP6G dual mode detectors.
        Thanks for the info, I like the price! Can you tell me how you're connecting the relay back to trigger an HS event (and supplying them power)? I'm considering using an Insteon IO Link (I'm using them to sense/control the garage door status/motor): http://www.insteon.com/io-module

I assume I'll have to drill a hole in the garage wall to wire the Bosch unit.

Comment

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
          Thanks for the info, I like the price! Can you tell me how you're connecting the relay back to trigger an HS event (and supplying them power)? I'm considering using an Insteon IO Link (I'm using them to sense/control the garage door status/motor): http://www.insteon.com/io-module

I assume I'll have to drill a hole in the garage wall to wire the Bosch unit.
          I use an Arduino for a dry contact input. You could use a Z-Wave device like a Mimolite or door/window sensor with an input. If you have a security panel, they could be on a non alarm zone. The Insteon device with a dry contact input would work as well. Power is 12VDC. I use a power supply in my garage for the sensors and some LED landscape lighting. A security panel also has a 12V supply.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X