Cancel delayed events not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel delayed events not working

Per thread title I am unable to cancel delayed events.

Is there another way to essentially 'cancel' events?

My scenario is to allow a period to cancel an alarm trigger before the siren sounds.

I've tried several methods where the event is triggered and then will fire a second event after 45 seconds to actually sound the siren.

In lieu of non working 'cancel a delayed event' function, I have also tried incrementing a counter with the 1st tier trigger and then have the 2nd tier event check to see if the counter is still incremented (concept is an interim 'cancel' event resets the counter to 0) and require the counter to be '1' before actioning the 2nd tier event. This doesn't work either, the 2nd event ignores the status.

Anyone have any other ways to try this?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by pkitch View Post
    Per thread title I am unable to cancel delayed events.

Is there another way to essentially 'cancel' events?

My scenario is to allow a period to cancel an alarm trigger before the siren sounds.

I've tried several methods where the event is triggered and then will fire a second event after 45 seconds to actually sound the siren.

In lieu of non working 'cancel a delayed event' function, I have also tried incrementing a counter with the 1st tier trigger and then have the 2nd tier event check to see if the counter is still incremented (concept is an interim 'cancel' event resets the counter to 0) and require the counter to be '1' before actioning the 2nd tier event. This doesn't work either, the 2nd event ignores the status.

Anyone have any other ways to try this?

Thanks in advance.
    I have dozens of events that cancel delayed device actions or delayed events that all run reliably. I have not had a problem deleting either. Your scenario seems like a delayed device action would be more appropriate.

If you could post screenshots of where you create the Delayed event as well as where you try to delete a delayed event, we might see something wrong.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Attached are the two sequential events (2.1 and 2.2) and my 'test' event to cancel event 2.2 which is stated is ignored and continues to execute.

Thanks for any help or suggestions on what I am doing wrong here...
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Attached are the two sequential events (2.1 and 2.2) and my 'test' event to cancel event 2.2 which is stated is ignored and continues to execute.

Thanks for any help or suggestions on what I am doing wrong here...
        OK, thanks for the screenshots. The problem is that you don't have a Delayed Event. Your 2.1 Event has a Wait in it, so it is considered a running Event. A Delayed Event would be if you launched Event 2.2 from 2.1 with the advanced option to Delay Event Period like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1195530

Since your 2.1 Event has a Wait in it you can "Cancel a Running Event" like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1195531

The differences in a nutshell are: an Event with a Wait in it is considered to be a running Event. These events can be canceled as long as they are in a Wait period. A Delayed Event is copied to a different Group with a specific time Trigger. The Group is named Delayed Events. Those Delayed Events can be canceled by the Cancel a Delayed Event action. This action simply deletes the event from the Delayed Events Group if it has been queued there.

Comment

OK got it, makes sense - thanks so much for your assistance, I'll give this a shot.

Cheers - Paul.

Comment

OK got it, makes sense - thanks so much for your assistance, I'll give this a shot.

Cheers - Paul.
            One more observation: Your screenshots show Group Conditions. I wanted to make sure that you knew that Group Conditions only apply to Events to which they are specifically added within the group. They do not apply to every Event in the group automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              One more observation: Your screenshots show Group Conditions. I wanted to make sure that you knew that Group Conditions only apply to Events to which they are specifically added within the group. They do not apply to every Event in the group automatically.

Thanks, yes was aware of that, and to update I now have my delayed events cancelling OK. Thanks again for super quick responses and helping me resolve my woes!

Comment

Working...
              X