This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 Speaker Client Autostart

I have HS2 as service but I allways after a boot have to start Speaker Client Manually.
    For the moment I put it in the autostart folder.
    Is that the way it should be?

Regardings
    Tony
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

That's how I start it. You could always setup an event to launch an exe and give it the path to the speaker app. Then put hs.triggerEvent in your startup.txt file.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is there a way to start it up minimised as the default is full window...I have tried to change the properties of the icon in the startup group but this does not seem to make any difference...

thanks

Darren

Comment

I have already asked HST as a feature request to include a "minimise on startup" tick box on the speaker app. I launch mine from the startup.txt script but can be a bit of a pain if you keep re-starting HS and have multiple copies of the speaker app running!

I don't use an event, I just use:

hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Speaker.exe"
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
          I have already asked HST as a feature request to include a "minimise on startup" tick box on the speaker app. I launch mine from the startup.txt script but can be a bit of a pain if you keep re-starting HS and have multiple copies of the speaker app running!
          Jon, why would you ever have to restart HomeSeer?

~Bill

Comment

Bill,

You can ask that question again in 2 years when HS2 hopefully will be stable
            Jon

Comment

Put this in your shutdown.txt file - it will close speaker.exe when you gracefully shutdown HS:

PHP Code:
                      strComputer "." 

Set objWMIService GetObject("winmgmts:" "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" strComputer "\root\cimv2"

Set colProcessList objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'Speaker.exe'"
                        For 
              Each objProcess in colProcessList 
                           objProcess
              .Terminate() 

Next 

Comment

Excellent! Thanks smoothtlk!
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
                  I have already asked HST as a feature request to include a "minimise on startup" tick box on the speaker app.
                  If you put it in to "startup" folder, you can edit properties (by clicking right mouse button) and select "start minimized"

Comment

Originally posted by themax74
                    If you put it in to "startup" folder, you can edit properties (by clicking right mouse button) and select "start minimized"
                    That doesn't work on this particular window because of the way it was constructed. Does it work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                      That doesn't work on this particular window because of the way it was constructed. Does it work for you?
                      NO SORRY!!!!!!

Comment

I have never managed to get the speaker app to start-up minimized

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc
                          I have never managed to get the speaker app to start-up minimized
                          I won't as it's currently designed.

Comment

I use the following function at the end of my startup script.

Function IsProcessRunning( strServer, strProcess )
                            Dim Process, strObject
                            IsProcessRunning = False
                            strObject = "winmgmts://" & strServer
                            For Each Process in GetObject( strObject ).InstancesOf( "win32_process" )
                            If UCase( Process.name ) = UCase( strProcess ) Then
                            IsProcessRunning = True
                            Exit Function
                            End If
                            Next
                            End Function

You can then call the function from the main script like this

strProcess3 = "Speaker.exe"
                            If( IsProcessRunning( strComputer, strProcess3 ) = False ) Then
                            hs.launch hs.GetAppPath & "\Speaker.exe"
                            End If

I use this function to also start "Main Lobby Server" and "GuardianAngel" as well. This way these applications wont start if they are already running.

Comment

Jeff,

I just tried your script and it works great. Thanks for your contribution.
                              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Working...
                              X