Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature and Thermostat Watchdog Script

Hi,

Does anyone have a temperature "watchdog" script they've used successfully? I want to ensure that our house sitters don't run up a $400 electric bill. I have HSPro and a Z-Wave InTouch thermostat.

(Apologies if this is a bleeding obvious script. I just now thought of it and we leave shortly.)

Thanks!
    Jason

If you don't want the set point on the thermostat go below a certain point you can change the minimum set point on the t-stat. Or you can set up an event in Homeseer that triggers if the set point goes below a certain value. If you are looking to keep the thermostat off you can have an event that shuts it off if it is turned on.

So I guess it comes down to what you are looking to accomplish.

Comment

Comment

If you are able to control the t-stat with Homeseer and the zwave plugin then you can set the set point with events and also like you say, just poll the stat and then if the set point changes have other events that change it back. You shouldn't have to worry too much about using scripts, the events for the t-stat are pretty envolved.

Comment

Man, that was easy.

Having never played with it before today, I didn't see the entire batch of ZWave Thermostat commands. Neat!

Comment

im not sure which thermostat you are using but wit hthe RCS stats you can go into the hidden service menu and set the minimum and maximum set points for heat and cool... most people dont have a clue how to access the hidden menus.. this would be done before you take your trip..

-Christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
            X