2GIG CT30 Zwave Radio stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2GIG CT30 Zwave Radio stopped working?

I installed two of these in the house, and they worked fine for a month or so. Thereafter a painting crew came in and painted the rooms that have both of them. One of them now stopped working on the Zwave network.

I am unable to put it in "radio mode." I read somewhere in the forums here that you hold the PROGRAM button for 12 seconds to get back to that mode, but when I try that nothing happens. I thought maybe the radio module is fried -- maybe the painter when he taped around it knocked it out or jostled it. I tried re-seating it multiple times, and then even tried swapping in the radio module from the other CT30 just to see if that was the problem. Still it won't go into radio mode.

I tried the hard reset button on the stat. I tried new batteries. Pretty much everything I can think of.

Anyone come across this before?

have you tried removing power and batteries for 5 minutes or so?

also you may want to ask here too http://forums.radiothermostat.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post

I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

Comment

Did they use lead paint?
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
          Did they use lead paint?
          I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post

Tried removing the batteries for a while and no difference. Still can't figure out how to get this thing into radio mode.

Guess I'll call their tech support and see what they say.

Comment

Well I hope when you swapped the radio modules the thermostats didn't have power. The documentation has a clear warning this could cause failure.

That aside, If any of mine lose the Z-wave network which usually happens now and then. Resulting in no tower icon and no remote control icon on the display.
              I just hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds and wait, after a minute or 2 they seem to reconnect.

I have asked both 2gig support through email regarding this issue as it happens to all 4 of my thermostats randomly.... Never got a reply.

Asked HS about this issue and they replied they have never heard of the problem.

StevenE
              Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Otis -

Are you still having a problem here, or have you resolved the issue?

If you still have a problem, what Z wave radio interface are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by bariba01 View Post
                  Otis -

Are you still having a problem here, or have you resolved the issue?

If you still have a problem, what Z wave radio interface are you using?
                  I'm still having the same problem. Using Ztroller.

One of the units still works fine -- but the busted one just doesn't ever offer the option to go into radio mode. I've been told by the manufacturer they would send me a new radio module free of charge, but that was weeks ago and still nothing. I'm not even confident that the new radio module will cure the problem -- something tells me I'll need to replace the whole thermostat. Their customer support so far isn't great. Takes a long time to get a response, and even then they don't seem very responsive.

I wish there were another similar Z-wave option for a thermostat...

Comment

If both thermostats are identical, then you have an easy way to determine if the radio module is the problem. Swap the modules and see if the problem moves to the other thermostat or not.

If the problem moves to the other thermostat (after you swapped the radio modules) then the problem is with the module. If the problem is still with the same thermostat, then the module is not defective.

Armand

Originally posted by Otis View Post
                    I'm still having the same problem. Using Ztroller.

One of the units still works fine -- but the busted one just doesn't ever offer the option to go into radio mode. I've been told by the manufacturer they would send me a new radio module free of charge, but that was weeks ago and still nothing. I'm not even confident that the new radio module will cure the problem -- something tells me I'll need to replace the whole thermostat. Their customer support so far isn't great. Takes a long time to get a response, and even then they don't seem very responsive.

I wish there were another similar Z-wave option for a thermostat...

Comment

Working...
                    X