Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling the wifi thermostat

HomeTech,

I'm sort of rubbing my eyes in disbelief - seems that Home Depot sells a touchscreen wifi thermostat for less than $100 (the 3M50) and that you have written a script to control it? Finally! I am going out to buy all new thermostats today ...

Can I just confirm that once I set up the new device type in Homeseer, that the Homeseer generic thermostat capability will kick in and that is how the device will be controlled? Based on the screenshot you posted, I'm assuming this is the case, but I have never installed a new "device type" before so I just wanted to check to make sure.

Second question - will you be developing a plugin? If so, I for one would be willing to pay for it. Please keep us posted in the Thermostats section.

Thanks for doing this great work.

One final, unrelated point - I laughed out loud when I saw "there's no place like 127.0.0.1". Just thought you should know someone noticed ...

(I'm posting here to start a new thread, since the thread posted in the scripts section - http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=151612 - doesn't seem to take additional comments.)

There is a script that can control the thermostat, but it will not behave as a native thermostat in HomeSeer without a plugin. I'm working on one right now and hope to have a version to test sometime in January. When it's done it will be in the HomeSeer store.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

That's great, thanks. I look forward to purchasing it when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
      X