Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC TI 103 Installation/Config Comm Port - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC TI 103 Installation/Config Comm Port - Solved!

Disconnected my desktop (HS 2) yesterday... now I'm seeing:

COM Plugin Error - Error initializing X10 Interface: Invalid port number

For my TI 103 interface. I'm using one of those Serial-USB cables off the 103.

Can anyone point me to install/config instructions?

Thanks much!

I'm going to assume that your Ti103 was working for a while, you disconnected the USB-RS232 adapter from your machine & plugged it back in (perhaps in another USB port or you replaced it entirely), and it was at this point that the Ti103 plugin reported the 'Invalid Port Number' error during HS startup. Is this correct? If so, there are two ways to resolve this: A) change the port assigned by Windows to the USB-RS232 adapter or B) change the port in HS.

A) Change the port assigned by Windows to the USB-RS232 adapter:
    From your Desktop: click START, right-click on My Computer, select Manage. Select Device Manager, click the + sign next to 'Ports (COM & LPT)' to expand the list of ports, right-click on your USB-RS232 device and select Properties. Each of the adapter drivers for these USB-RS232 adapters can be a little different so you'll need to find where to set the port number for the device. Set it back to the port assigned in HS for the Ti103. Restart HS.

2) Change the port in HS:
    In the HS web interface go to Tools, Setup/Configuration and select the Interfaces tab. Change the port number for the Ti103 plugin to the new port of the USB-RS232 adapter. Restart HS. (You'll need to go through most of the procedure in option A above to get into device manager and view the port number for the adapter.)

My preference has always been to change the port number in the USB-RS232 adapter rather than changing HS, but that's just me.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mark - Bingo....... worked like a champ. Thanks for the prompt and very clear guidance. Hope things are well in Ventura. I lived in Port Hueneme many years ago after college.
      Best,
      Chris D

Comment

Chris,

Glad you were able to get it working!

Things are great here - thanks for asking.

How are things in Falls Church? I spend a lot of time in DC and have been to Falls Church many times.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
        X