Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am working on a new HS3 plugin (BLControl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I added a page in the plugin where you could add locations (longitude and latitude) and then assign an action to them, would that help?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      If I added a page in the plugin where you could add locations (longitude and latitude) and then assign an action to them, would that help?
      yes this is what I was thinking.
      If there was also a Near Distance for the trigger so that you do not have to be in that location but could be near it then you can trigger before you reach the location.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

OK let me see what I can do
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

All locations will be stored in the plugin but here is what I am thinking...

I will add a page on the phone app that will show your current location and then there will be an option to add current location to plugin. If you press the button then it will allow you to name the location. The location will then be sent to the plugin and added to the locations on the plugin side with the name provided. You will then have to go to the plugin and update the action you want to use for that location. I will add an option in the plugin to specify a distance in meters from the location to be considered the location or (near the location) and will cause the action to be executed in the plugin.

That way when your location changes on the phone the app will check with the plugin to see if the current location matches or is near to a location in the plugin. If so then the action will execute.

What do you think?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

All locations will be stored in the plugin but here is what I am thinking...

I will add a page on the phone app that will show your current location and then there will be an option to add current location to plugin. If you press the button then it will allow you to name the location. The location will then be sent to the plugin and added to the locations on the plugin side with the name provided. You will then have to go to the plugin and update the action you want to use for that location. I will add an option in the plugin to specify a distance in meters from the location to be considered the location or (near the location) and will cause the action to be executed in the plugin.

That way when your location changes on the phone the app will check with the plugin to see if the current location matches or is near to a location in the plugin. If so then the action will execute.

What do you think?
            Yep this sounds like this will do everything I can think of.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Blade,

Any idea when you will create a app for iphone?

if not could you add plugin where we can sent http commands to your Blcontrol server.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                Yep this sounds like this will do everything I can think of.

Greig.
                OK this might be a problem. Since you want actions to run on location that means that the app will have to run all the time on the phone which can eat up your battery. Otherwise the app would only get the location when it is running.

Do you really want the app running all the time?
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

OK this might be a problem. Since you want actions to run on location that means that the app will have to run all the time on the phone which can eat up your battery. Otherwise the app would only get the location when it is running.

Do you really want the app running all the time?

I see what you are saying.
                  If the app ran all the time would it drain the battery because of the connection to homeseer or because of the location finding(gps/wifi).
                  Could the app have a have a poll timing for discovering the location if this is the problem?
                  if it is the app running all the time could it look at when the display is on and update from homeseer then?

Thoughts?

Greig
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

I am looking into what can be done.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Could you interface with Backitude?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I am working on something that might work

When you close the app, the service connection to the plugin will remain open for a specified amount of minutes (you will set this value in the app). Once the app pages are not running for that specified amount of time then the service connection will be closed.
                        During the time that the service connection is open I plan for it to process location changes.
                        This should get you what you want.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

OK I have managed to keep the service running when you shutdown the app. It will stay running for the number of keep alive minutes you set in the app. If you run the app again then the timer starts over. Once the time is up the app will disconnect from the plugin.
                          During the time that the app is connected but not running the location changes will be monitored and acted on.

I think this work for you.

I still have to code the passing of the location data to the plugin for processing.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

OK I have managed to keep the service running when you shutdown the app. It will stay running for the number of keep alive minutes you set in the app. If you run the app again then the timer starts over. Once the time is up the app will disconnect from the plugin.
                            During the time that the app is connected but not running the location changes will be monitored and acted on.

I think this work for you.

I still have to code the passing of the location data to the plugin for processing.
                            Blade,

This sound to me like the app will stop sending location data after the timer is up. is this correct.

Is the app also storing the location data or is it just passing it to the plugin because if the app has your set location data then could it run a service comparing the set location data to the real location then connect to the plugin when needed so that the plugin is not always connected to the app.

If this is not proving to be not working to well could the location data come from wifi as most people have it on all the time?

It sound like this app and plugin will be the new Heart of my system and I cant wait to give it a go.

Keep up the great work.

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Yes the connection will close once the "keep alive minutes" is up. You can set this to whatever you want.

I have the map showing my location in the app now.
                              Next step is to add a button to the map so that you can click it, give the location a name and then it will be sent to the plugin and added as a location for you. You can then assign an action to it in the plugin. You will also be able to add locations in the plugin as well by entering latitude and longitude values. I think adding them from the app will be nicer. You will just have to go to the plugin once you add a location and assign an action (unless I allow the assignment of an action in the app) -- maybe

The app is coming along very nicely and I am very happy with how it is working right now

Stay tuned
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Locations is just about done.
                                I have it determining if you are within the X number of feet you specify for each location.
                                I just need to have the plugin process the location now.

I should be putting the app in the Google Play store this week as well as getting the plugin into the HS3 updater
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X