Ecobee3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecobee3

The ecobee3 looks like a great thermostat. I like the ability to average the temperature with the remote sensors. I am unclear on the status of their development program, but is it likely that a plugin for HomeSeer would be developed for this thermostat?

I just saw the Ecobee 3 yesterday. Looks great. I have the Ecobee industrial version, with their extra system board that allows you to plug in wired temp and humidity sensors. I already use these sensors to manage heat/AC calls based on the average temp of my basement, main and upper floor. Their new system would make it even easier to include temps from other locations.

I just posted a question in an older Ecobee thread today, hoping for a plugin for HS. I currently have Vera (making the switch to HS), and Vera does have a plugin to manage/control the Ecobee WiFi thermostat. It would quite well. So I do know that Ecobee allows 3rd party apps to reach into across their firewall and control a customer's stat.

Comment

Waiting

I have 2 Ecobee 3 stats and I would really like to have them work with HS3. Just waiting.....Is there any effort to build a plugin?

Comment

Bumping and my $0.02

Just got mine in last night. Not sure why the Nest is getting so much press when the E3 is IMHO so much better, especially for data junkies like me. They have a developer portal and an open API so, for whatever it's worth, there's $40 here ready for a plugin. Seems like the E3 is a good fit for the average Homeseer customer due to the amount of data available and the overall sexiness of the unit and the web/app interfaces. I'm also encouraged that the Apple Store is carrying it--113 reviews and a 5-star rating.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a late summer Ultra or Spud plugin.

Comment

Anyone want to do a plugin? Spud? I'm getting ready to put one in

Comment

You may want to ask here:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174468
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by dhensley View Post
              Just got mine in last night. Not sure why the Nest is getting so much press when the E3 is IMHO so much better, especially for data junkies like me. They have a developer portal and an open API so, for whatever it's worth, there's $40 here ready for a plugin. Seems like the E3 is a good fit for the average Homeseer customer due to the amount of data available and the overall sexiness of the unit and the web/app interfaces. I'm also encouraged that the Apple Store is carrying it--113 reviews and a 5-star rating.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a late summer Ultra or Spud plugin.
              Out of curiosity, is it a local API or is it a cloud API like the Nest? The one thing I don't like about the Nest (and my Netatmo) is the requirement to have to grab the data from the net when the device is local. I understand having the remote access (for Nest/Netatmo), but I would also like local access to the devices.

Comment

a plugin for ecobee is now available here: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1295

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  Out of curiosity, is it a local API or is it a cloud API like the Nest? The one thing I don't like about the Nest (and my Netatmo) is the requirement to have to grab the data from the net when the device is local. I understand having the remote access (for Nest/Netatmo), but I would also like local access to the devices.
                  Just noticed this t-stat today. So this question is unanswered and I too wanted to know if it requires access to E3 portal to work with HS3.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Just noticed this t-stat today. So this question is unanswered and I too wanted to know if it requires access to E3 portal to work with HS3.

Robert
                    yes it requires access to the Ecobee servers.

Comment

Is there a polling restriction? ie does the server your polling to 1 an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                        Is there a polling restriction? ie does the server your polling to 1 an hour?
                        yes there is a polling restriction. Right now the plugin polls the server every 4 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                        X