Issues polling with HS Insteon plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues polling with HS Insteon plugin?

Just trying out HS3 to see if I want to upgrade from HS2 (especially given the current 50% sale). Seems much more intuitive than HS2 but I have an issue. Using the HS Insteon plugin with my 2413U I can't seem to poll my devices. They turn on/off fine. HS properly changes their status. Events trigger them properly, however when I poll my devices I get this:

Polling...
    1 @ Polling: Insteon Insteon In-LineLinc Relay with Sense (Status isCould Not Communicate with Plugin))
    0 @ Polling: Insteon Insteon SwitchLinc Relay with Sense (Status isCould Not Communicate with Plugin))
    Done

Any ideas?

wondering if the OP ever solved this? I'm just starting to use HS3 and am using the HSInsteon plugin... when I ask to poll devices, I get the same error:

"Could Not Communicate with Plugin"

for every Insteon device I've joined.

Is this a limitation of the "free" plugin?

thanks!

Comment

update:

I dropped the buck's on Mark's Insteon plugin and things are working well. One of the other things I had noted with the HS Insteon plugin was that my 8 button scene controllers were only being recognized as 6 button controllers. I suspect it's just that the 8 button device isn't part of the list of devices this plugin works with. So another reason I paid for the other plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
        update:

I dropped the buck's on Mark's Insteon plugin and things are working well. One of the other things I had noted with the HS Insteon plugin was that my 8 button scene controllers were only being recognized as 6 button controllers. I suspect it's just that the 8 button device isn't part of the list of devices this plugin works with. So another reason I paid for the other plugin.
        You won't be disappointed, Mark does a great job supporting his Insteon plugin.
        Billy

Comment

Working...
        X