Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't this work?

Hi folks,

I've been trying to write some simple scripts to get started, by using VB6 for its editor and debugger. I started with an empty VB exe project, and added a reference to the HomeSeer ActiveX object. For testing within the VB environment, I'm using:

Dim hs As HomeSeer.Application
    sub main()
    Set hs = New HomeSeer.Application

I can call most HomeSeer methods fine, but the following doesn't seem to work. Assuming that a global variable named "bogus" doesn't exist, if I run the following:

Status = hs.SaveVar("bogus", 23)

the value of Status is an empty string which, according to the HS docs I have, means everything went well. It shouldn't have, since "bogus" doesn't exist. If I move that same line into a script run directly from HomeSeer, the value of Status is "Name not found", which is what I would suspect.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I had the same problem last night when I was tring to get ultra_view2 to work... and I traced it down the exact same problem.

When I was testing the script, it just wouldn't get past that.

The FIX! :

I added my localhost to the Trusted Sites in the internet explorer options. I'm assuming that it's an activeX security issue and for whatever reason your computer isn't prompting you... When I made this change, my computer prompted me and everything worked great.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
    X