Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can HS monitor the computer it's installed on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can HS monitor the computer it's installed on?

I hope this is the correct forum to ask. I'm on the trial, and probably going to buy the s/w - but wondering if the homeseer can be trigger by something done on the computer (e.g. take a picture if someone logs in). If so, which plug in is needed?

I'm not sure if this is what you want but part of my Jon00 Tray Control application (available on my site) will monitor the keyboard/mouse of any Windows PC and update a virtual device when the PC is being used. You can then use this to trigger an event to do whatever.
    Jon

Comment

Jon
      That sounds like it will do some of what I was hoping.
      In addition, I was hoping to trigger HS if a specific program/application is open on the computer (Win7), and likewise to open / close programs.
      What do you mean "update a virtual device"?
      Also what is the URL to your website?

thx

Comment

A virtual device is just a created device on the Homeseer device management page which can be used to display virtually anything including strings and/or values.

Take a look at the attached virtual device. It will show on when the computer is in use (on) and goes off when keyboard/mouse activity stops (after a short time delay). The device will also store two values; 0 when off and 100 when on. You can use these value changes to trigger a Homeseer event.

You may be able to use my Process monitor script to monitor processes in use but it was not really intended for what you want to do. You can use my remote computer control & network monitor to open/close programs.

Just click on my banner graphic below to access my site.
        Attached Files
        Jon

Comment

Thanks that 2nd plug in looks like it'll do the job (And more)
          Though I'm having problems accessing your site.

Comment

I was just rebooting the PC. Try again. If you still have an issue, make sure your firewall allows access to port 8087.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X