No announcement yet.

Alexa confused whether HS skill enabled so can't "Alexa, tell homeseer to..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa confused whether HS skill enabled so can't "Alexa, tell homeseer to..."

The alexa website shows the homeseer skill enabled, and it's discovered devices just fine and works for the devices it discovers.

But I'm having this type of conversation:

Me: Alexa, tell homeseer to (for example) turn on dining/run event <foo>
    Alexa: This skill is not enabled. To enable it say "Enable homeseer skill"
    Me: Alexa, enable homeseer skill
    Alexa: This skill is already enabled.

Uh?
    I've already disabled the skill in the alexa website, deleted the devices, and re-linked it/re-discovered devices. Twice now. But the same thing.

Any ideas?

You could try to use alexa.amazon.com and disable/unlink/remove all HS skills and then re-enable them? Bit of a pain but might fix the issue.
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by lowenna View Post
      The alexa website shows the homeseer skill enabled, and it's discovered devices just fine and works for the devices it discovers.

But I'm having this type of conversation:

Me: Alexa, tell homeseer to (for example) turn on dining/run event <foo>
      Alexa: This skill is not enabled. To enable it say "Enable homeseer skill"
      Me: Alexa, enable homeseer skill
      Alexa: This skill is already enabled.

Uh?
      I've already disabled the skill in the alexa website, deleted the devices, and re-linked it/re-discovered devices. Twice now. But the same thing.

Any ideas?
      If you are deleting devices in Alexa, it sounds like you have installed the Homeseer Smart Home Skill. To use the 'Tell Homeseer' syntax, you also need to enable the Homeseer Home Automation skill.

The instructions to install both skills can be found here: http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html
      Jon

Comment

@jon00 - yes, that was it. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks!. I was having the same issue and didnt recognize the nuance of the skill naming. Perhaps Homeseer should bold the font on the setup instructions.

Comment

Well I thought I had it, but alas not.

Here's what I've just done (first disable the "regular" homeseer skill):

Goto alexa.amazon.com, select Smart Home, Search for HomeSeer.

Select "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" and click enable.
            When prompted, enter myhomeseer username and password
            It says "Your HomeSeer App Skill was successfully linked."

Go back to the "Smart Home" tab on alexa.amazon.com. There's nothing listed under "Your Smart Home Skills".

Where-as the "regular" Homeseer skill will show there. It's definitely partially enabled as if I search for it again in the skills store, it shows up and I can disable it.

Should the "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" show up under Smart Home?

(Obviously it's not working when I say "Tell HomeSeer to run event ..."

Comment

It should show up under Skills>Your Skills.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
              X