PLEX has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEX has arrived

Plex can now be used with alexa Is there any way to connect to Homeseer to turn on audio and tv? Alexa turn on plex and have the lights dim, tv turn on, surround system turn on... Maybe with the Homeseer and smarthome skill?
    Last edited by Rupp; February 2, 2017, 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by scg View Post
    Plex can now be used with alexa Is there any way to connect to Homeseer to turn on audio and tv? Alexa turn on plex and have the lights dim, tv turn on, surround system turn on... Maybe with the Homeseer and smarthome skill?

/
    Probably an ir transceiver would turn infrared devices on and off through hs3

Alternatively you can get a harmony hub which can control them through ir, wifi or Bluetooth

Comment

You can control anything with Alexa and virtual devices...

Comment

I'm more interested in the new WebHooks they added for developers. Might be a great addition to the already existing websocket support.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          I'm more interested in the new WebHooks they added for developers. Might be a great addition to the already existing websocket support.

Saw that earlier. Would be nice if one of the plugin authors could do something with this.

https://github.com/plexinc/webhooks-notifications

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
            Saw that earlier. Would be nice if one of the plugin authors could do something with this.

https://github.com/plexinc/webhooks-notifications
            I plan to try, but I'm still new to homeseer plugins. I make no promises.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a PLEX plugin here

BLPlex

Right now it just shows what is playing but I plan on adding control to it
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                I have a PLEX plugin here

BLPlex

Right now it just shows what is playing but I plan on adding control to it
                Started using your Plex plugin a couple of months ago. Looking forward to control. The big winner of course, will be if you can get it working for Alexa voice control.

Comment

Alexa and Roku Skill

I came across the post on how to use your roku with alexa.

https://github.com/julianh2o/RokuAlexaLambdaSkill

I have not tried it yet but it's a step by step instructional PDF
                  I'm not sure if I can do this or not...But I will try when I get time. Be nice if there was an app you could load to do this.

Comment

Working...
                  X